Golden Globes tonight!

Started by Chest Rockwell, January 25, 2004, 06:10:52 PM

Chest Rockwell

I agree. I was saying this earlier. There are other Movies (Lost in Translation) worth the award moreso than RotK. I think Sofia deserved the award more than Jackson, because, despite the work he put into his little babies, her direction is much more deserving of credit than his.

picolas

Quote from: Pdiane keaton tho.. haha, whatever.
i think they were just giving her the award to be polite.

Ravi

So is LiT a musical or a comedy?

ono

Quote from: RaviSo is LiT a musical or a comedy?
You're a funny man.

We all know it's a horror film.

cine

Quote from: Onomatopoeia
Quote from: RaviSo is LiT a musical or a comedy?
You're a funny man.

We all know it's a horror film.
Very much film noir, if you ask me.

Alethia

Sleepless

Where would be the best place to get the list of Oscar nominees first? I mena as they're announced rather than wait for oscar.com to put them up.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

cine

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

Pas

Quote from: NEON MERCURY
Quote from: Chest RockwellBest Foreign Language Film:
Invasions barbares, Les - Canada

...... :? ..what kind of laguage do they speak in Canada...thats foreign to the US???

First, french in Quebec (don't even ask me what's Quebec). Second, yes it's fucking foreign cause it's not from the US and third Les Invasions Barbares was wayyyy better than Osama. Way. I think they should have made Pierce say : "And the winner is...Osama ! Sorry we bombed you, folks !"

Though I'm happy with the overall awards (especially LiT winning a couple), the Oscars nominations are much more valid. And since Les Invasions Barbares is nominated in best screenplay and best foreign, I'm pretty sure it'll win the second, which is what it deserves. I'm so patriotic.

foray

Jamie Lee Curtis nom for Freaky Friday?? Boggles the mind.

Why did Diane Keaton gawp when Uma came onstage with Keanu?

f
touch me i'm sick

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: foray
Why did Diane Keaton gawp when Uma came onstage with Keanu?

Because she's a money-loving bitch who can't write acceptance speeches and steals awards from worthier actresses.   8)

Pubrick

Quote from: Chest RockwellBecause she's a money-loving bitch who can't write acceptance speeches and steals awards from worthier actresses.   8)
u forgot "...and who was reallllllllllly hot in the 70s."
under the paving stones.

SoNowThen

Actually, Diane Keaton's always been ugly as all hell...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.