Started by Chest Rockwell, January 25, 2004, 06:10:52 PM

Chest Rockwell

Best Score: Howard Shore - LotR: Return of the King

Danny Elfman - Big Fish
Gabriel Yared - Cold Mountain
Alexandre Desplat - Girl with a Pearl Earring
Hans Zimmer - The Last Samurai

Chest Rockwell

Best Original Song: Howard Shore; Frances Walsh; Annie Lennox - "Into the West" - LotR: Return of the King

Eddie Vedder - "Man of the Hour" - Big Fish
Sting - "You Will Be My Ain True Love" - Cold Mountain
Bono; Gavin Friday; Maurice Seezer - "Time Enough For Tears" - In America
Elton John (music); Bernie Taupin (lyrics) - "The Heart Of Every Girl" - Mona Lisa Smile

Chest Rockwell

Best Screenplay: Sofia Coppola - Lost in Translation

Love Actually - Richard Curtis
Mystic River - Brian Helgeland
Anthony Minghella - Cold Mountain
Jim, Naomi, and Kirsten Sheridan - In America

EDIT: FUCK YES!!!

ono

Sofia won.  Whoo.  I don't recall her thanking Scarlett, though, but I may have missed it.  Still, yes, good things for this movie.  It's looking good for Lost in Translation all around.

Chest Rockwell

I'll be so happy if it wins best Comedy! And also, even though I haven't seen it, I really want Scarlett to win something....so I'd like her to win for Girl with a Pearl Earring.

EDIT: Sofia Coppola also has to win the Director award

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Chest RockwellBest Original Song: Howard Shore; Frances Walsh; Annie Lennox - "Into the West" - LotR: Return of the King

Eddie Vedder - "Man of the Hour" - Big Fish
Sting - "You Will Be My Ain True Love" - Cold Mountain
Bono; Gavin Friday; Maurice Seezer - "Time Enough For Tears" - In America
Elton John (music); Bernie Taupin (lyrics) - "The Heart Of Every Girl" - Mona Lisa Smile

damn..no respect for vedder(pearl jam)..honestly....man of the hour is much better than that other garbage......

modage

Quote from: NEON MERCURYdamn..no respect for vedder(pearl jam)..honestly....man of the hour is much better than that other garbage......
everything else nominated was like the worst new age garbage i'd ever heard, when they played clips from one 'song' to the next you could hardly tell the difference.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: themodernage02
everything else nominated was like the worst new age garbage i'd ever heard, when they played clips from one 'song' to the next you could hardly tell the difference.

...hahaha...so tue......

as for coppola.....she did deserve to win....the only competition.....was mystic river .......(which IMO is a great film also)........but mystic was a "good" script...that was made better by the acting.....(and as i am typing this i think that penn is better in this than in 21 grams).......but lost in translation's script (being original....which should weigh in heavily).....made that film.....murray and scarlett should be lucky to act out that scrpit...its flawless, inventive, witty, highly original........but comparing both films i liked mystic river better.......

Chest Rockwell

Cecil B. DeMille Award: Michael Douglas

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: NEON MERCURY........but comparing both films i liked mystic river better.......

!!!!!!! :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Chest Rockwell

Best Director: Peter Jackson - LotR: Return of the King

Sofia Coppola - Lost in Translation
Clint Eastwood - Mystic River
Peter Weir - Master and Commander: Far Side of the World
Anthony Minghella - Cold Mountain

:? ....I'm backing Coppola

NEON MERCURY

...hahahah....brolin....as reagan????........what a brilliannt casting director descision......

BTW.......ruffalo is the second coming of brando............

modage

Quote from: Chest RockwellBest Director: Peter Jackson - LotR: Return of the King
:? ....I'm backing Coppola
coppola made a great movie, but she got the writing award already and well deserved.  but as far as DIRECTING goes, she hired two great actors and followed them around tokyo for a few weeks.  jackson spent 7 years of his life putting together this fucking series, which is to be contested, atleast ONE of the greatest trilogies, so for the effort, its jacksons award.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

NEON MERCURY

... 8) .Penn

" :shock: You're not Sean?!"-Nicole Kidman.... :roll:

Chest Rockwell

Best Actor, Drama: Sean Penn - Mystic River

Juse Law - Cold Mountain
Ben Kingsley - House of Sand and Fog
Tom Cruise - The Last Samurai
Russell Crowe - Master and Commander: Far Side of the World

I totally agree!