Dodgeball

Started by Just Withnail, March 25, 2004, 03:18:08 PM

bonanzataz

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: FishbulbStill, there a lot of great moments in the trailer- "I just threw up in my mouth a little", etc.

Which was first used in Austin Powers.

when?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

pete

[Pete's plug for shaolin soccer #27] if you have any interest in this movie, you should give Shaolin Soccer a chance!
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Sleuth

Quote from: bonanzataz
Quote from: FishbulbStill, there a lot of great moments in the trailer- "I just threw up in my mouth a little", etc.

when?

I can remember it being said by Tim Meadows on SNL sometime in the early-mid 90s.  I think it was a talkshow sketch
I like to hug dogs

MacGuffin

Quote from: bonanzataz

when?

In the first one, when they're on the moon, Dr. Evil says it after his chair is done spinning him out of control.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

come on, mac! they don't go to the moon until the second one!

good call, though.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Fishbulb

There's a new, longer trailer here that has some scenes we haven't seen before. Including Hank Azaria in a 50's black and white instructional film on dodgeball, talking in the voice of Walter Brennan for some reason.

El Duderino

[urlhttp://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/dodgeball/clip.html]Exclusive Clip[/url]
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

The Disco Kid

I didnt know they were remaking BASEketball!!!

ono

Quote from: Mavisben stiller is going to get hit hard in the crotch. i know these things. some people say i have a sixth sense for what movies will do. i knew tom green was going to hump that moose. my friends were all surprised. they couldn't believe i called it so fast. i had never even seen the show either. i also knew gandhi and malcolm x were going to die. man, they had it coming though, didn't they? and my friends were like, 'oh we knew that' and i'm like 'oh yeah, how could you know that' and they said, 'we read it in our history books'. man i laughed sooo hard. i was like, 'how could you read it in a history book? spike lee wrote the screenplay!!"

i have a migraine now. i'm going to take a nap.
This guy is funny.

And this movie is probably gonna be hilarious.  By all logic it shouldn't be.  It should be awful.  But yeah, I'm oddly looking forward to it.

Ravi

Judging by the commercials, the film will not be very good.  I hope most of the jokes aren't along the lines of throwing a wrench at someone's head and a fat girl falling on someone.  Gee, come to think of it I really don't like most of Ben Stiller's films.

Jeremy Blackman

About 40% more subtlety, and this might have been a comic masterpiece. But it doesn't know when to stop sometimes. A great joke will be dragged on and killed, even with humor-enducing music.

They really missed huge opportunities to be more visually creative, a la Zoolander. I was expecting more eye candy... I mean, it's dodgeball...

The plot may be a joke in itself, but it's the most cliché and unimaginative waste of a story I've seen in a long time. Other than that, it was okay.

There are some classic lines and delicious awkwardness, and it has some fantastic character names... White Goodman, Patches O'Houlihan, Cotton McKnight, Pepper Brooks...

But I agree with LA Weekly.... "loads up on plenty of tired, male-identified, low-comedy standbys, including homosexual panic, fat girls and racial caricatures."

And... stay after the credits.

Ghostboy

I snuck into it after The Terminal, and thought it was well worth the money I didn't pay for it. It ain't Zoolander, but it's got some good laughs. Gary Cole and the other announcer were hilarious.

El Duderino

i saw it earlier and i actually thought it was pretty good. the first 20 minutes were very so/so, but after that, it was laugh after laugh. SPOILERS and the unicorn thing made my day /SPOILERS. i'd go see it if you want to laugh

Jeremy Blackman

So... opinions on the thing after the credits?

El Duderino

if you're talking about the ben stiller thing...i laughed my ass off, but i left after that