Untitled Paul Thomas Anderson (10th feature, TBA)

Started by Montclair, September 21, 2021, 09:35:17 PM

Alethia

Derekk_kal

Insane to name "Unforgiven" and leave like that. Please give us some or any crumbs sir!

Thegreatrupert

Leo's character has a daughter. I will tell the actor's name when I can. No one on anyone's radar. New person.

More soon.

Thegreatrupert

Quote from: Drill on January 28, 2024, 05:01:03 PM
Quote from: Thegreatrupert on January 28, 2024, 01:18:56 PMIt's not Vineland. It is contemporarily set. Anderson had the cast over to screen "Unforgiven" a few nights ago. I used to be martinthewarrior on here. Can't sign in with that name anymore, but I know all.

Great. Anything else can you share (can you drop any hints about other cast members besides DiCaprio/Penn/Hall, who's editing, any story/script details)? This is the project that you talked about before he switched gears and did Licorice Pizza, correct?

Believe so, yes.

SaunchSmilax

Quote from: Thegreatrupert on January 28, 2024, 08:23:02 PMLeo's character has a daughter. I will tell the actor's name when I can. No one on anyone's radar. New person.

More soon.

Is his character's name Zoyd? Should we follow the money too?
"All I ever wanted was a cool '78 'Vette and a house in the country."

itwasgood

Is it possible that maybe one of his daughters will be playing the daughter in the film?

RudyBlatnoyd

Quote from: Vicko99 on January 28, 2024, 07:13:10 PM
Quote from: RudyBlatnoyd on January 28, 2024, 03:19:21 PM
Quote from: Thegreatrupert on January 28, 2024, 01:18:56 PMIt's not Vineland. It is contemporarily set. Anderson had the cast over to screen "Unforgiven" a few nights ago. I used to be martinthewarrior on here. Can't sign in with that name anymore, but I know all.

Unforgiven? Rad. I'm guessing this is the 'bleak' project he mentioned he was working on prior to switching to Licorice Pizza. Hyped!

that casting call for the martial arts teenage girl doesn't make it sound very "bleak"

I mean, obviously I don't know any more than the next guy, but if the Unforgiven intel is correct then that doesn't seem like a movie you screen for your cast and crew if you're making a comedy...

pynchonikon

Brock Vond, the main villain in Pynchon's novel (supposedly played by Sean Penn), is a cruel federal prosecutor "using his authority to harass anyone with whom he disagrees".
I could see Gene Jackman's evil sheriff as a potential inspiration for Penn's approach to the character.

RudyBlatnoyd

Quote from: Thegreatrupert on January 28, 2024, 08:23:02 PMLeo's character has a daughter. I will tell the actor's name when I can. No one on anyone's radar. New person.

More soon.

Are there any other 'name' actors in it who've been cast but not announced to the press? Not looking for you to identify them, just wondering if you can confirm whether there are any other big or biggish names?

jzakko

Didn't you say back in 2019 that his next film would be contemporary?

https://xixax.com/index.php?topic=14185.msg357205#msg357205

Thegreatrupert

His real life daughter does not play the daughter, to my knowledge this person is an unknown (I know her name but shouldn't say it yet). No other big names to my knowledge, but intel could change when they change locations.

Drenk

Quote from: Thegreatrupert on January 29, 2024, 11:50:28 AMHis real life daughter does not play the daughter, to my knowledge this person is an unknown (I know her name but shouldn't say it yet). No other big names to my knowledge, but intel could change when they change locations.

Who was supposed to play Leo character when it was supposed to shoot during Fall '19?
Ascension.

Thegreatrupert

Would just be speculation to say, and I'm not even sure it's the same thing. If it is it is highly likely it has changed significantly. He got rid of everyone who shot the past bunch with him except for his PD. Everything I've been made privy to makes it sound much more action/adventure oriented than his typical thing.

Thegreatrupert

As far as the Vineland thing goes, Inherent Vice is probably my favorite of his. That said, ain't nobody giving him this kind of budget to do another Pynchon. I wouldn't hold out much hope for that one at any point.

Lots of Bees

Quote from: Thegreatrupert on January 29, 2024, 01:42:28 PMWould just be speculation to say, and I'm not even sure it's the same thing. If it is it is highly likely it has changed significantly. He got rid of everyone who shot the past bunch with him except for his PD. Everything I've been made privy to makes it sound much more action/adventure oriented than his typical thing.
Does that mean he isn't working with Michael Bauman and co on this one?