Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy

Started by picolas, September 29, 2003, 10:14:47 PM

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Kal

His face already cracks me up... he doesnt have to move or say anything... He can be serious and I just start laughing... this guy is the best

cine

With Bruce Almighty and now this movie, people are soon going to find out that Steve Carell can steal a movie from anyone.

Ravi

This will be our generation's Network.

There's a spelling mistake on the title of this thread.
EDIT: Voila, now there isn't.
context, context, context.

Fishbulb

Comingsoon reported that this movie received an R rating from the MPAA for "some sex-related humor". I bet that Dreamworks will probably resubmit the movie and try to get a PG-13. "Fifty First Dates" got an R rating originally too, I think for all the Sean Astin wet dream jokes.

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Redlum

Awesome. I cannot wait for this! Judd Apatow from Freaks and Geeks a producer and David O. Russel an executive producer....
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Fishbulb

I hope everyone got to see the full trailer. Dreamworks' site is really slow for some reason, but it's worth the download. Just the shot of Will Ferrell with a full beard, near tears, is enough to make me laugh. And "Knights of Columbus, that hurts!" Haha....classic Will.

bonanzataz

Quote from: FishbulbI have a feeling this movie might kind of be in trouble. I've heard that the entire ending had to be reshot, the last 45 minutes of the movie. Apparently the test audiences reacted negatively to the original ending (which involved a gang of criminals called "The Alarm Clock Gang", played by Maya Rudolph, Kevin Corrigan, Chuck D, and Justin Long). As a result Rudolph and the others have now been cut entirely out of the movie.

The last time I can remember something like this happening was with the Kids in the Hall movie "Brain Candy", and the end result still turned out OK. But I feel like I trust Will Ferrell and Adam McKay more than I do a bunch of random people in a test audience to decide what's funny. I hope some of this excised material shows up in some form eventually, on the DVD maybe. (There's a ton of cut stuff from "Brain Candy" which has really never been seen anywhere).

i realize i'm responding to an old post, but i just saw brain candy and now it all makes perfect sense. i thought the first half of that movie was really really funny. then it got kind of funny. then it went to seriously unfunny. a lot like their sketches. does anybody else find their sketches to end on a sour  note?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

mogwai

Quote from: FishbulbJust the shot of Will Ferrell with a full beard, near tears, is enough to make me laugh.
i thought that was kevin costner a lá "dances with wolves".

MacGuffin

Looks like Val Kilmer a la "The Doors".
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

Looks like he's ready to eat spiced lamb shanks in the hotub.

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Pubrick

under the paving stones.