The simpsons vrs other cartoons (official simpsons thread)

Started by AlguienEstolamiPantalones, May 18, 2003, 08:07:36 PM

modage

Quote from: Lucid on October 24, 2006, 10:32:38 PM
Anyone who thinks Hollywood is run by a liberal cabal won't change his mind after watching The Simpsons' annual Halloween special. The episode, which airs Nov. 5,
ok.  now, this really REALLY pisses me off.  why do they air the fucking halloween special AFTER halloween?  is there ANY reason on Earth they couldn't just air it THIS sunday, you know 2 days BEFORE halloween?  the last couple years the season has premiered so late (in nov) i had thought maybe htey just couldnt get it ready in time.  but this year the shows been on the air for over a month, there is no excuse. 
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

Quote from: modage on October 25, 2006, 09:19:26 AM
is there ANY reason on Earth they couldn't just air it THIS sunday, you know 2 days BEFORE halloween?   

As long as Fox has the World Series, you will never see the Halloween episode before Halloween.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Derek237

I just watched the newest episode, the Treehouse of Horror, oh man, that was a great last segment! Probably my favourite moment from The Simpsons in a looong time, mostly because of Maurice LaMarche and his amazing Orson Welles Impression.

"Nose bud...Nosebud..."

Hahaha!

©brad

meh. last line totally ruined what would have been a good ending.

matt35mm

Well, they didn't go with the "This is what Iraq will be like" line.  But what does it matter?  The episode was terrible.

Derek237

I agree about the ending, it was stupid, but that's only because the writers suck and can't figure out how bring their stories to a close. I'm thankful at least that they actually had an interesting story this time around. That 7 minutes was probably better than any episodes will end up being this season.

©brad

(i saw the version w/ the iraq ending line on youtube one day prior to airing.)

Derek237

matt35mm

Huh.  I was pretty sure mine didn't have the line, but I could be wrong.  There was the "You said we'd be greeted as liberators" line, but I recall some other ending line (I don't remember) and then the shot craning up to see the destroyed town with no dialogue for a while, then it ended.

hedwig

Simpsons Movie Sneak Peek Tonight
Sunday Nov 12, 2006; Source
The highly anticipated trailer for the Hollywood adaptation of The Simpsons TV series has been scheduled to debut on Fox. Fans of The Simpsons will get their first peek at the film version of the perennial TV favorite when Fox airs the trailer during tonight's episode of the show. Harry Shearer says it's amazing we're getting to see anything, considering the tight security surrounding the film. The movie has a code name, so only the cast knows which soundstage they're recording their lines in. And once they finish a scene, those script pages are shredded. The preview airs in North America during the episode tonight, and in Australia, viewers can catch it several hours later, immediately following Futurama at 7.30pm Monday on Ten. We'll bring you an online version via our front page as soon as it becomes available, so come back if you miss it!

-----------------------------

season 9 dvd art

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

hedwig

so otto is howard stern?

homer will never look good as anything but a simpsons character. every single rendition i've seen has been painfully bad, live-action or animated. i guess the simpsons are harder to desimpsonize than the futurama characters are to defuturamize because they're yellow. and lisa's hot.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

mogwai

which episode is this brilliant clip taken from? thanks.

"bart's april fool joke"