Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

modage

on the podcast, Lindelof and Cuse said by the end of this episode we would know the identity of the six.  and since Locke hasn't been shown off the island that rules him out.  that means either it's Aaron, Ben, or Michael. 
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Kal

Quote from: modage on March 14, 2008, 02:08:34 PM
on the podcast, Lindelof and Cuse said by the end of this episode we would know the identity of the six.  and since Locke hasn't been shown off the island that rules him out.  that means either it's Aaron, Ben, or Michael. 

thats what i thought... but he may be bluffing... the thing is we have some important characters who may get off the island and where not on the flight, so they would not be part of the oceanic six... ben, desmond, juliet... who knows what the fuck is happening!

i liked the episode... and i think jin is alive. it seems really strange but maybe they know they are being WATCHED constantly so thats why the whole thing of going to the cemetery and all its on purpose...?

diggler

i suppose aaron would count as one of the oceanic six, they remained tight lipped about it because if he had been confirmed as one of the six, then the whole jin flashback/fakeout thing wouldn't have worked.

don't you find it strange that now, according to sun's story, in order for jin to be the father, sun would have had to be impregnated before the plane took off. however, kate is claiming aaron to be her biological son, meaning she got pregnant AND gave birth on the island. isn't there a major time disconnect there?
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Pozer

Quote from: hacksparrow on March 14, 2008, 01:45:06 PM
I'm telling you guys, it's Locke.  They want us to think Aaron counts but it's Locke. 

... who later on loses his legs and ends up in a small coffin?    

modage

oh also: it could be jin if he actually got off the island and then died.  its ben only if he faked his way into one of the other passengers identities (biggest bullshit), aaron (mini-bullshit since he wasn't born yet) or Michael (depending on what he's been up to).  Juliet or Desmond or anybody else might make it off the island but they wouldnt be one of the Six because they werent on Oceanic 815.  (which should rule out Ben).  whenever the new podcast goes up we will have our answer.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pozer

most importantly though, who wanted to punch Juliette last night?

modage

i want to punch her every night.  last night was just further validation of that impulse.

pumba

i want to *fuck* Juliet

...with a screwdriver

diggler

Quote from: modage on March 14, 2008, 03:10:33 PM
oh also: it could be jin if he actually got off the island and then died.  its ben only if he faked his way into one of the other passengers identities (biggest bullshit), aaron (mini-bullshit since he wasn't born yet) or Michael (depending on what he's been up to).  Juliet or Desmond or anybody else might make it off the island but they wouldnt be one of the Six because they werent on Oceanic 815. 

definitely can't be jin, his grave says he died the day of the crash 9/22/04.  i don't think michael will be one due to the assumed identity he's taken. no one on the boat thinks of him as a passenger on 815 (yet). 

somehow i get the feeling that desmond doesn't make it off the island. the desmond/penny reunion seems too much like season 6 material.

Quote from: pozer on March 14, 2008, 03:17:54 PM
most importantly though, who wanted to punch Juliette last night?

to play devils advocate, she just did what she had to do. it was fucked up, but it was necessary.  does anyone else wonder if juliet is blind to the whole "time" issue on the island? i wonder if her assessment as to how long sun was pregnant was incorrect due to this.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

bonanzataz

Quote from: Pas Rap on March 13, 2008, 08:45:29 PM
Twin Peaks got it right.

twin peaks fucked up, big time. the 8 or more episodes that aired after the reveal were pretty bad, before they created a new mystery, but by then it was too late.

Quote from: modage on March 14, 2008, 09:38:55 AM
SUPER SPOILERS FROM THE PROMO
so who's going to die next week?

i hope it's michael. i'd love it if they brought him back to kill him off.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

picolas

what a horrrrribly written episode. i absolutely hated the fact that Jin's flashback ultimately meant nothing.  that's dirty pool, lost. the Michael reveal was cool, though. despite being obvious. for a split second i confused the woman in chains with Libby. THAT would've been unexpected.

Gamblour.

Quote from: bonanzataz on March 14, 2008, 05:35:25 PM
Quote from: modage on March 14, 2008, 09:38:55 AM
SUPER SPOILERS FROM THE PROMO
so who's going to die next week?

i hope it's michael. i'd love it if they brought him back to kill him off.

That would be great. But ultimately worthless. Any other ideas? I bet it's Claire. I mean, who have we been seeing more of than usual lately? Sayid could be out for blood and throw Michael off the boat.

Quote from: picolas on March 14, 2008, 06:36:55 PM
what a horrrrribly written episode. i absolutely hated the fact that Jin's flashback ultimately meant nothing.  that's dirty pool, lost. the Michael reveal was cool, though. despite being obvious. for a split second i confused the woman in chains with Libby. THAT would've been unexpected.

That's funny, because when the captain came out, I was like, "GOODWIN?!?!??????" and my friend squeezed my arm, but it wasn't and I felt a little foolish.

I think the whole circumstances of Jin's death are obvious in one regard. Sun and Hurley are part of the Oceanic Six. We're not that far into the future (before Hurley goes bonkers, I'd assume?). They are probably being watched, or suspect it. Listen to their language. They know Jin isn't dead, but want to create the facade of being in mourning. Hurley doesn't seem morose or solemn, he even cracks a smile. I think they're taking the Oceanic Six charade to an extreme by going to this to "talk" to Jin. She talks about missing him only, and you can just see that she knows he's still alive. He is not in that grave. He's back on the island.

This next episode is supposed to be a big one. Cuse and Lindelof have said it's a mother of a cliffhanger.

PS Sun made me cry. Talk about firsts.
WWPTAD?

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: picolas on March 14, 2008, 06:36:55 PMfor a split second i confused the woman in chains with Libby. THAT would've been unexpected.

That shit happened to me too. Then I realized it was Zoe Bell and she was finally going to do some stunting (other than talking on the radio/phone thingy).
Si

polkablues

Quote from: ElPandaRoyal on March 15, 2008, 07:35:58 AM
Quote from: picolas on March 14, 2008, 06:36:55 PMfor a split second i confused the woman in chains with Libby. THAT would've been unexpected.

That shit happened to me too. Then I realized it was Zoe Bell and she was finally going to do some stunting (other than talking on the radio/phone thingy).

And holding a book upside down.
My house, my rules, my coffee

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: polkablues on March 15, 2008, 03:39:58 PM
Quote from: ElPandaRoyal on March 15, 2008, 07:35:58 AM

And holding a book upside down.

Yeah, what the hell was up with that. Everyone on that boat is nutts... Nice!
Si