Logical next step after FvJ

Started by Banky, August 25, 2003, 08:03:11 PM

modage

Helloween: Latest wild rumour - "Talk is hinting that shooting on the Pinhead/Michael Myers teamup flick might begin as early as Spring '04 for release next Halloween. Not only that, Clive Barker might be back to do the script"
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Banky

fuck that.  Pinhead is such a mo.  Micheal Myers 9 is in Pre production.  Hold off on putting him into the mix until Freddy ash and Jason.  Pinhead sucks

Banky

Englund talks FvJvAsh! Oct. 24, 2003

Source: Zap2It  by: Bob Menard

It's always cool to hear that actors we like and respect, like and respect other actors that we also like and respect (and in this case idolize) and aren't afraid to show it. Did you get that? Ok, good, 'cause I don't think I did. Regardless, what I'm not so eloquently trying to get to is that Robert Englund, everybody's favorite dream terrorizer, recently did an interview with entertainment site Zap2It.com and was yakking on about various projects like the proposed new made-for-tv 'V' film, a guest spot on the new Teri Polo series 'I'm with Her' (click the link above to read more about those), but it was when asked about the FREDDY VS JASON VS ASH rumor, that some fanboy fantasy type quotes started flying:

"It's a coffin nail -- but it's a great coffin nail, because I love this guy -- Bruce Campbell as Ash, the monster-killer that he played in the 'Evil Dead' movies, coming after Freddy and Jason, getting both of us, and leaving the world safe from sequels."

"It would have to be a phenomenal script. It would have to be Bruce and Sam Raimi locked in a Palm Springs hotel for six weeks. It would be great for him and great for us. We could put the franchises to bed with a big, super, pop-culture, camp epic."

Are you hearing this?!?!? Mr. franchise himself, who still admittedly loves playing the Freddy character, is willing to be killed off by the most ass-kickingest dude this side of the S-Mart! Yeah motherf*cker! That's what I'm talking about! I hope New Line hears this kind of shit because Robert Englund (a cool dude himself) showing that type of respect and enthusiasm for the coolness that is the Sam Raimi/Bruce Campbell tagteam, is reason enough to get this movie made! And made ASAP!

Find Your Magali

Englund rocks. That's a cool, cool idea. This needs to happen.

Banky

yeah it would be awsome but i dont see Raimi coming back to the franchise.  And that is bullshit that Englund would allow Ash to kill him off.  Maybe for 3 or 4 years till some one can sequalize it.  With the new harvest of Vs movies, there are so many entertaining match ups that can occur almost independently of each other.

modage

Helloween: Doug Bradley (Pinhead) confirms the "Halloween"/"Hellraiser" crossover talk...

"At this point in fact, Dimension Films are planning a Hellraiser/Halloween crossover," Bradley said, emphasizing that the project is only in the planning stage. "They are hoping to have it out by Halloween next year. That would be pretty fast, but that's their plan."
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ghostboy

Excuse me while I go barf...all over the Weinstein brothers.

modage

hey Ghostboy, dont forget!

"We're looking at the sequel business and think it's a great business," Dimension co-chair Bob Weinstein told Daily Variety.

Banky

fuck pin head what a duche bag

Sleuth

there are some cooler cenobytes (is that their name?  something like that) than Pin head
I like to hug dogs

Banky

AICN

I've gotten several recent reports quoting Doug Bradley as saying there is a HALLOWEEN/HELLRAISER film coming next year, and he will be playing Pinhead in it once again.
It's not true. And it is true. Or was, anyway. Allow me to explain.
FREDDY VS. JASON opened, and shock waves raced through any studio that had two franchises to rub together. Finally kickstarted ALIEN VS. PREDATOR over at Fox. There are persistent rumors that New Line wants to throw Ash into the mix next time out. And, yes, at Dimension, it got some of the execs excited about seeing Michael Myers onscreen with Pinhead.
Got a heck of a lot further than just talks, too. The details you've been hearing were right. Clive Barker was going to write it, and John Carpenter was going to direct it. Think about that... yes, both series have endured a lot of shitty sequels over the years, but not under the guidance of their respective creators. John Carpenter directing Pinhead? Clive Barker writing Michael Myers? These are intriguing possibilities.
And now, thanks to one particular rights holder whose name might rhyme with Blustafa Akaad, it won't happen. This just went from development deal to missed opportunity in one fell swoop.
It's a very, very recent development, too. It just hit the wall. I had to track this down through one of my best East Coast sources, someone close enough to the Weinsteins to smell 'em. It took a while, but I consider this one confirmed. It's finished, not gonna happen, over and done.
So if you see Doug Bradley, and he tells you how cool this movie's going to be, do me a favor... someone break it to him gently, okay?

Banky

MacGuffin

Seed of Chucky Gets the Green Light
Source: Fangoria

After years of delays, SEED OF CHUCKY is now a go! CHILD’S PLAY creator Don Mancini will be writing and directing SEED for Focus Features (ironically, the specialized indie company owned by Universal, which originally abandoned the project during the studio’s anti-horror crusade). Filming begins in Romania in March, with a release date already pegged for Halloween 2004.

"We are finally moving forward," Mancini tells FANGORIA. "Thanks to FREDDY VS. JASON, horror is hot again. David Linde, who runs Focus Features, released BRIDE OF CHUCKY internationally, and the film did very well there. So he decided to make SEED. We are currently negotiating with [voice actor] Brad Dourif and [FX chief] Kevin Yagher to return, plus little person Debbie Carrington, who I loved in TOTAL RECALL. Of course, we want Jennifer Tilly back too, who will do the voice of Tiffany and play herself in the new movie, in a satirical vein à la WES CRAVEN’S NEW NIGHTMARE."

And the story of SEED OF CHUCKY? It’s the same script that got Universal in a tizzy way back when, dealing with "happy couple" Chucky and Tiffany and their attempts to raise a baby of their own. "The major focus is the family of dolls," Mancini says. "BRIDE OF CHUCKY was a takeoff on the road pictures. SEED OF CHUCKY is a twist on family dramas like ORDINARY PEOPLE and KRAMER VS. KRAMER. The focus this time is on the family, with the point of contention being a gender-confused offspring."

SEED OF CHUCKY will be taking over the second largest soundstage in Romania, where COLD MOUNTAIN shot most recently. The story, however, is set in Hollywood and London. Why Eastern Europe? It’s cheaper, of course, so the production will be recreating Tinseltown overseas, but a few pickup shots may be lensed in LA as well. Mancini, who will make his directorial debut on SEED after 2nd unit work on previous entries in the CHILD’S PLAY series (including BRIDE’s climactic birth scene, appropriately enough), says he will endeavor to follow in the footsteps of BRIDE helmer Ronny (FREDDY VS. JASON) Yu and cinematographer Peter Pau.

"Ronny and Peter set the bar so high, but that’s the direction I want to go in," Mancini notes. "I want to live up to that very stylized look of BRIDE OF CHUCKY. That’s my intention. I want those stylish Brian De Palma visuals, which are even more perfect for SEED OF CHUCKY because it is set in glamorous Hollywood."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Banky

Pedro