Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

godardian

Suede- Singles.

Ten years, twenty singles. All varying degrees of brilliance. In my top five favorite bands ever.

The Creatures - Hai!
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

classical gas

it's funny to see cecil's avatar and then beck from sea changes....if that really is cecil, then you bear a striking resemblence.

Pedro

best release thus far this year

aclockworkjj

Quote from: Pedro the Wombatbest release thus far this year
yeah, it's amazing what we will listen to when our girlfriend is over....

NEON MERCURY

..it's his newest one

godardian

How is it? I'm going to see him in January... but I'm one who feels that Scary Monsters closed the "good" chapter and it's been only spotty ever since...
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Cecilof me "now playing with myself"?

yep

Cecil

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Ceciltoo late

OK, then maybe next time.

smash

Constantines - Shine A Light

ShanghaiOrange

Live Rust - Neil Young
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

SoNowThen

Quote from: Pedro the Wombat
best release thus far this year

A goddess!!! Simply put, just amazing looking....

Oh, and good pick Mogwai!!!!
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

phil marlowe

this is a great and bizarre album consisting of classic movie themes such as the godfather and cape fear, only they're in the most insane versions you'll ever hear. it's your duty as a film freak to look in to this.

Pedro

Quote from: phil marlowe
this is a great and bizarre album consisting of classic movie themes such as the godfather and cape fear, only they're in the most insane versions you'll ever hear. it's your duty as a film freak to look in to this.
I dig it...Patton fucking owns...

And regarding the whole hillary duff thing...I'm actually dissapointed with the album.  i thought it was gonna be a lot worse than it is.  i thought, "hey laughably bad!  i need a copy of this!" so i get a (burned) copy, and it turns out some of those songs are damn catchy...and not absolutely terrible, either.  but they're not good either.  i mean, it's bad, but not laughably so.

RegularKarate

Fantomas is awesome.