Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

Pedro

aclockworkjj

godardian

Quote from: aclockworkjj

...which would possibly be my most favorite Mazzy Star tune. They played it over the end credits of a Sopranos episode not too long ago.

Me:

""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Jeremy Blackman

I think you might be right, godardian.  :yabbse-sad:

aclockworkjj

:::switches to::::

modage

Quote from: godardianModernage, what do you make of The Thrills? I feel responsible!  :wink:

yeah you are solely responsible.  i remember you putting them months and months ago under your NOW PLAYING and i think i looked for them to download but couldnt find any.  but recently when you returned and said it was one of your favorites this year, i read the little "soundbite" on them and it seemed like something i would like.  so i downloaded the album, which is still not out in the states until Nov. 4th, (at which point i do plan on buying it).  i really like uhh, Big Sur, Don't Steal Our Sun, One Horse Town, Say It Aint So, Your Love Is Like Las Vegas, Til The Tide Creeps In.  actually the entire album is growing on me now, where i just abuot like the whole thing now.  girlfriend likes it too.  i even emailed a couple of my uncles about them cause they seem up their alley too.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

godardian

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman

I think you might be right, godardian.  :yabbse-sad:

As long as Up has come up, something more interesting than Up:

"REM's Peter Buck is a confirmed fan. The last time I intereviewed Buck, he was far more interested in asking about the then-forthcoming Black Box Recorder album than he was talking about REM's Up LP." - From an article on Luke Haines in Word (UK), 06/2003.

http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=1979&start=15

Also posted in "Automatic for the People" thread.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

freakerdude

Quote from: samuelclemensi've been listening to a lot of tom petty and robert johnson....rj is maybe the greatest guitar player ever....listen to 'sweet home chicago' and try to figure that one out....let me ask, robert johnson didn't have a second guitar player, right???
Robert only played guitar and stomped his feet for the rythm, as you well know. He ended up with 29 original songs (41 with alternates included) to his short lifetime achievement around 1937. Check out my post about RJ on the thread about untimely deaths in musical history:

http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=4058&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
MC Pee Pants

godardian

bonanzataz

godardian...

i don't think it gets said enough around here...

you rock.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Banky

Quote from: Banky

seriously

Pedro

Sigur Rós

Yanni is my man. That guy looks so much like award-winning xixax user Phil Marlowe.

Pedro

godardian