Gigli

Started by Pas, June 07, 2003, 10:14:51 PM

Cecil

i feel so happy

Pas

Shit, it might not even make 54$M even after DVD renting ...

I'm glad when J Lo and Affleck bomb
I'm glad for the way it makes me feel
I love it cause it seems to blow my mind every time
I'm glad Gigli came into my life
I'm so glad

Sorry

Cecil

Quote from: Pas RapportI'm glad when J Lo and Affleck bomb
I'm glad for the way it makes me feel
I love it cause it seems to blow my mind every time
I'm glad Gigli came into my life
I'm so glad

poetry

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I shiver at the thought of how horrible of an actor/actress their offspring will be...
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Still the WalrusI shiver at the thought of how horrible of an actor/actress their offspring will be...

this is just me but....i don't think they are both that bad of actors....
they seem to  both (almost always now) make bad choices when it comes to the next film they sign on too............but i agree its' been a while since they made credible roles in a film...by credible i mean..J-Lo(the cell, out of sight)
ben(good will hunting , chasing amy)................................Just an opinion

Ravi

I liked Affleck's performance in Changing Lanes.  Good departure from safe commercial fare.

I've only seen The Cell and Angel Eyes from Jennifer Lopez's work.  She wasn't the star of The Cell, the visuals were, and if Rutger Hauer was playing her part the film would have been just as good.  Her performance in Angel Eyes was decent.

I'll probably see it at the dollar theater, just to find out whether it is really as bad as the critics say.  First I'll have to muster up the courage to say "One for Gigli, please."

Sal

Yeah I didn't pay a dime and still want money for seeing that shit.  

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't, yknow, two and a half fucking hours.  Cut that by an hour and at least you don't feel you've been shit on the entire time.

Pas

Quote from: SalYeah I didn't pay a dime and still want money for seeing that shit.  

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't, yknow, two and a half fucking hours.  Cut that by an hour and at least you don't feel you've been shit on the entire time.

Good point...most bad movies could be really tolerable if they didn't last so fucking long.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Affleck annoys me...I liked him in Changing Lanes as well, come to think of it.  But for the most part, he annoys me...A J-Lo should stay out of movies...and music.  Wait she was good in Anaconda...

No wait...no she wasn't.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: RaviShe wasn't the star of The Cell, the visuals were, and if Rutger Hauer was playing her part the film would have been just as good.

True.....but  i meant that she has done some credible work..the visuals were the whole film agreed....but ..the film is a credible piece of work under her name .....

modage

Gigli: WTEV reports that Sony has pulled adverts for the failed Jennifer Lopez/Ben Affleck flick, replacing them with spots for "Bad Boys II", whilst the film itself is expected to disappear shortly when cinemas finish their 3-week contractual obligations to screen the film (although already its been relegated to the smallest screens at the multiplexes). Its also earned another honour - of the many thousands of movies in the Internet Movie Database, this has scored a 1.5/10 average score from nearly 2000 votes, making it the worst rated movie ever in the entire database - even the likes of "Glitter", "Battlefield Earth" and "Jaws 4" got over 2/10.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

filmcritic

"In every relationship, there's a bull and a cow. I'm the bull! You're the cow! You got that?"

Quiet possibly one of the worst pieces of dialouge ever said. Imagine having to sit through that for two hours. I did.  :cry:
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: filmcritic
Quiet possibly one of the worst pieces of dialouge ever said. Imagine having to sit through that for two hours. I did.  :cry:

filmcritic...I was about to feel sympathy...now I feel doubt.

filmcritic

Let me to ya, I'm a film critic so I have to sit through junk like this all the time. When I'm stuck with something like this, all I can do is to sit back and go to sleep or look around the room and count how many seats are in the theatre. That's how bored you get.
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Doubt has shifted back to sympathy.