Gigli

Started by Pas, June 07, 2003, 10:14:51 PM

Banky

Actually they originally shot the film as J Lo being a lesbo but for some reason or another they went back and re-shot a shit load to change the synopsis.  You PTA heads stop giving KS so much shit all the time.

godardian

Quote from: BankyEdwardsActually they originally shot the film as J Lo being a lesbo but for some reason or another they went back and re-shot a shit load to change the synopsis.  

I'm sure lesbians everywhere are breathing a giant collective sigh of relief. At least Sharon Stone was sort of "dangerous."
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: GhostboyI love how Ben Affleck is now the antidote to lesbiansim! First in Chasing Amy, and now Gigli, in which he manages to convince J Lo's lesbian hitwoman character of the joys of his endowments!

I haven't seen the trailer. But here's an actual exchange from the love scene in the film:

J LO: Are you ready to baste the turkey?

BEN: Gobble Gobble

J LO: Gobble Gobble.

I'm 100% serious.

ATTN: future hopeful screenwriters

See anyone can write dialouge...never give up!

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pwaybloe

Well, the left side of the poster looks pretty good.

Pas

Not as much as you would expect ... she's kind of reversed "S" shaped on that pic

Victor

terrible poster. terrible trailer. its gonna be a terrible movie. terrible terrible terrible.

jersey girl, i do have hopes for. people who liked chasing amy will like it. and im not even worried about j-lo's involvement because --

MAJOR GOD DAMN JERSEY GIRL SPOILER

i hear she dies thirty minutes into the movie
are you gonna eat with us too?

Ghostboy

Lester is correct.

As for Gigli...isn't there some rule about making mainstream movies with titles that no one knows how to pronounce?

modage

*(cleaning puke off shoes).  that poster needs a caution like a pack of cigarettes, CAUTION: MAY CAUSE SPONTANEOUS VOMITING.

Quote from: Lesterjersey girl, i do have hopes for.

its too bad the folks at miramax dont have the same faith in it, since they've pushed it back to next year.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SHAFTR

Jersey Girl was pushed to February b/c the original release conflicted with Matrix Revolutions.  Everything I have read about the film has been positive thus far.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

modage

like i said, aside from fellow nerds who enjoy both smith and matrix, most people who are interested in the whole bfleck/jlo machine are not the same who are going to the matrix.  plus, move the damn thing a week or two so it doesnt open on the same day, but moving it back 3 months? i just cant buy that.  it seems like they know gigli sucks balls and are trying to distance JG as far away from that as possible.  JG may be a good movie, but that doesnt mean anyones gonna see it.  the movie may be finished, but its all up to the marketing dept now to make sure people see it.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SHAFTR

I agree, I'm worried about Gigli's effect.  And although different audience, I don't think counter-programming works in the case of a film as BIG as the Matrix films.

modage

what about July 2?

T3
Legally Blonde 2

t3 seems matrix sized, doesnt it?

Pubrick

Quote from: GhostboyAs for Gigli...isn't there some rule about making mainstream movies with titles that no one knows how to pronounce?
hah yeah, i just make gurgly bubble noises.
under the paving stones.

SHAFTR

Do you really think T3 will make 200 mil?
I know T2 did...but that was 10 years ago.