Golden Globes tonight!

Started by Chest Rockwell, January 25, 2004, 06:10:52 PM

Myxo

In closing, it is a damn shame that 21 Grams wasn't nominated for a single award. I mean shit.. Get rid of Seabiscuit and include 21 Grams. Thats a no brainer. Or, for that matter chuck Master and Commander.

Pubrick

more pointless than ever.

In America better get sum recognition in the oscars cos this is wack. judging from these results tho, it's possible that Lost in Translation has a surprise win in the major categories.. and they're forced to give sumthing to Peter Jackson so no one else has a chance.,

diane keaton tho.. haha, whatever.
under the paving stones.

cine

Quote from: Lt. Col Baby DinosaurCould someone atleast give the highlights of Murray's speech.  I didn't get a chance to see him win.  Thanks in advance.
I'd like to know too. That, and the Theron speech.

SHAFTR

Quote from: Pmore pointless than ever.

In America better get sum recognition in the oscars cos this is wack. judging from these results tho, it's possible that Lost in Translation has a surprise win in the major categories.. and they're forced to give sumthing to Peter Jackson so no one else has a chance.,

diane keaton tho.. haha, whatever.

I agree with In America.
I don't know...Diane Keaton was good in Somethings Gotta Give.  It's not like others haven't awarded her...I think National Board of Review gave her an award this year.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

soixante

Thin Red Line was nominated for 0 Golden Globes five years ago but still snagged a bunch of Oscar nominations.  Maybe there's hope for 21 Grams yet.
Music is your best entertainment value.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: soixanteThin Red Line was nominated for 0 Golden Globes five years ago but still snagged a bunch of Oscar nominations.  Maybe there's hope for 21 Grams yet.

Maybe for screenplay and actress (Naomi Watts better be in the nominees list this time, or else... exactly)
Si

Chest Rockwell

Well I personally think Scarlett should have won over Diane Keaton. Diane was good. Scarlett was great, but I suppose the foreign Press figured she'd have many years ahead of her. It's still quite an achievement to just be nominated for both Best Actress awards.

Spike

Gotta love Bill Murray! He looked so cool with his beard!

I loved when he said "You lucky son of a bitch" during his acceptance speech.

I also loved when Jim Carrey presented the Best Comedy-award (why the hell is he balded now?) and then after he said the nominees, he opened the envelope and said: "And the Golden Globe goes to... Elf! Oh sorry, this wasn't nominated this year!"
It's not even that funny, but I almost laughed to dead. Maybe it was his expression when he said it.
"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

MacGuffin

Quote from: SpikeI also loved when Jim Carrey presented the Best Comedy-award (why the hell is he balded now?)

It's for his role in "Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: SpikeI also loved when Jim Carrey presented the Best Comedy-award (why the hell is he balded now?)

It's for his role in "Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events."
Anybody have a picture of it?

MacGuffin

Quote from: CinephileAnybody have a picture of it?

Close as I can find, not from last night though:

More photos:

And when I'm done counting xixax ballots, I'll transcribe Bill Murray's speech.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

bill's speech was classic. and charlize theron looked the hottest, by far. (good speech too)

ppl freak out too much over these awards. geez.

cine

Quote from: MacGuffinAnd when I'm done counting xixax ballots, I'll transcribe Bill Murray's speech.
Much appreciated, Mac. You're a machine.  :-D

mogwai

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: MacGuffinAnd when I'm done counting xixax ballots, I'll transcribe Bill Murray's speech.
Much appreciated, Mac. You're a machine.  :-D
uhum, that's sex machine, ok? nothing else.

Henry Hill

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaSofia won.  Whoo.  I don't recall her thanking Scarlett, though, but I may have missed it.  Still, yes, good things for this movie.  It's looking good for Lost in Translation all around.

she didn't thank Scarlett. i noticed that too.