The Expendables

Started by MacGuffin, October 13, 2009, 10:28:09 PM

RegularKarate

Quote from: Ravi on July 14, 2010, 12:55:41 AM
Quote from: RegularKarate on July 13, 2010, 01:28:31 PM
That made me NOT want to see the movie.

I still want to see it.  Does this make me a douchebag?

I'm still going to see it.  It means we're both douchebags, I guess.

The Perineum Falcon

Nah, it means you're not a couple'a pussies.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

72teeth

i saw a dude posing for a picture with the standees last nite when i went to Despicable Me.

Fuckin' DOOSHBEG!
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Sleepless

Quote from: 72teeth on July 14, 2010, 04:17:21 PM
i saw a dude posing for a picture with the standees last nite when i went to Despicable Me.

Fuckin' DOOSHBEG!

72, you're not a douche for seeing Despicable Me. Lame, but not a douche.

I know this movie is not going to be awesome by any means, but I still want to see it... I'll rent it.

Sly, Bruce and Arnie are only actually in one scene together it looks like.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

pete

about 20 minutes into the film, after way too many scenes of nonsensical dialogue and expository scenes that weren't giving any information, I'd finally had the realization and turned to my friends (like, 20 of us went) and said "guys, this is a horrible movie."
it got pretty bad.
just bland.
some cool moments, but hard to remember.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

tpfkabi

Quote from: 72teeth on July 14, 2010, 04:17:21 PM

Fuckin' DOOSHBEG!

:yabbse-grin:
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

RegularKarate

Quote from: pete on August 14, 2010, 04:21:29 AM
about 20 minutes into the film, after way too many scenes of nonsensical dialogue and expository scenes that weren't giving any information, I'd finally had the realization and turned to my friends (like, 20 of us went) and said "guys, this is a horrible movie."
it got pretty bad.
just bland.
some cool moments, but hard to remember.

My thoughts exactly.

I'm a big fan of ridiculous.  Especially when it's intentional yet sincere.
This  movie just didn't know what was going on.  There was one point where I wondered out loud "is this movie improvised?"

SiliasRuby

It wasn't improvised but my God did it feel like that sometimes. But, man oh manoshevitz was this a ridiculous and dumb movie but in the best way. I could watch it over and over again. The eyerolling for me was a high number but the dialogue made it so worth it. 'Buddha---Pest'. :)
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection