The Fountain

Started by DavTMcGowan, April 28, 2003, 10:48:01 PM

w/o horse

Way jealous.

I work Wednesday.  Might call off.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

w/o horse

Why the fuck doesn't The Grove know about this.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Ghostboy

Theater employees don't often know what the screenings they're hosting will be, especially when they're test/research screenings. They don't organize them, in other words - they just provide the space.

elpablo

if they knew what was best for them they would reschedule this for next wednesday when i'll be back in socal

Pozer

Yeah, I should've been more clear.  It was one of those dudes that stopped us and asked if we wanted to go to a free screening.  As soon as those words The Fountain came out of his mouth, you could imagine what sort of music that was to my ears.  I didn't know who he was with exactly, just assumed the theater would know about it and wanted as many of you guys in the area to go as possible if it was accessible.
Something still doesn't feel right about this though, I can't place it.  Just haven't heard about any screenings or anything is the thing.  Then some shlub with a clipboard says, "yo, you wanna go or what?"  I've been cursed lately (left an id at a far away bar, downloaded episodes of Lost with no sound, someone backed into my 3 month old car leaving no note) this could either be the icing on the cake or a new beginning.

MacGuffin

What pozer should do is post the phone number you need to confirm reservations.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

JG

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known As on March 27, 2006, 07:06:26 PM
I've been cursed lately (left an id at a far away bar)

well, at least you still have your ego and superego. 

modage

1. thats funny. when i clicked on this thread i was thinking 'i hope no one has seen the fountain yet cause then i'd be jealous.  and then this news.

2. its not a joke.  this is how these test screenings happen.  as mac said, a dude with a clipboard stands outside a theatre with a stack of passes usually some kind of colored paper with a little synopsis and info about the screening on it.  you have to call the number on the paper to confirm your reservation so they know how many and who to expect.  they will want to know your age/sex/ethnicity/etc. so they can put you into a demographic.  get there early as fuck because there will be a line and if you aint towards the front, you may not get in.  especially if they have to hit certain demos and all the geeks your age who get there earlier than you will be the first ones in.  and if you're in the middle/end and they need a few more black women they will pick further down the line to get them and you will be fucked (but sent away with a comp pass to any film playing there if they're nice).  the theatre wont even really know whats going on.  outside dudes who think they're important rush around to make sure things get done so even if you had a friend who worked there it would be no use.  the theatres guarded and (as mac said privately rented).  you cant get in unless you have a paper, which could POSSIBLY be xeroxed onto some of the same paper but you'd have to change a reservation number usually handwritten on it to be something else and that could get tricky but you'd probably get in.  there wont be any word or advertising about this because they like to keep it as top secret as possible.  if you're not lucky enough to wander by when they're handing out passes its unlikely you'd ever know about one.  i used to be one of those assholes, it SUCKED.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pozer

Yeah, what he said.  I'd give out the reservation number, but it wouldn't do any good without the ticket number.  Sorry dudes.  I called and the guy told me it's a first come first serve deal and to get there as early as possible.  Good luck to me I suppose.     

w/o horse

If you want you can cover my shift and I'll go.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known As on March 27, 2006, 12:55:22 PM
Okay, So Cal peeps listen up...

get yourself over to The Grove in L.A. (maybe call first).  I was there yesterday and got two free tickets to a test screening of The Fountain for Wednsday night.  Yes, that is right.  Check it out, see what's up. 

I hardly ever go out that way, so talk about being in the right place at the right time! 

hey you lucky son of a bitch..if you actaully go see this tonight...you better post some long series of thoughts..this is number two on the year for me behind empire..so, let me know if it will live up to my hype....thanks.

Pozer

Allow me to say this first and foremost:  I loved The Fountain so much.  There is so much to say about it, but I truly don't know how to.

I want to talk about that image - that wonderful first image our eyes were introduced to of Jackman being lifted up and carried over by ugly native looking men.  I want to tell you what that image is like as it's brought to life on the big screen.  I want to say how enchanting the music is that follows that image as Jackman is brought to a flight of what seems like never ending steps.  And I want to talk about what those steps lead him to as the story of The Fountain begins. 

I want to talk about how Adam and Eve, Mayan civilization and Spanish inquisition comes into play.  I want to talk about what the Tree of Life, the monkey and the ring meant to me.  I even want to talk about how and why I am so happy that Hugh Jackman ended up doing this over Brad Pitt.  I want to talk about all of these things, but I do realize that it's something I need to keep with me for now as I dissect it in my sleep. 

I will say this though:  Many will not like The Fountain.  And it's such a shame to because so much creativity and imagination was poured into this story - into each visual.  Hopefully you go into this too with only baring witness to the teaser trailer cause that's all you want.  You can tell the studios' arms are up in the air with the marketing of the film which is completely understandable - they really asked us a ton of questions regarding this.  Many positive and many negative remarks were heard from the mixed audience.   

And I am so proud to say two things tonight, my friends.  I got to be a part of the very first audience to see The Fountain and I got to watch it with Darren Aronofsky.

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Sunrise

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known As on March 30, 2006, 01:30:38 AM
And I am so proud to say two things tonight, my friends.  I got to be a part of the very first audience to see The Fountain and I got to watch it with Darren Aronofsky.

Envy doesn't quite describe what I'm feeling after reading your teaser comments. I'm actually more excited to see it knowing that not everyone will like it and the studio has no idea how to market it.

Gamblour.

Man, just the idea of this film makes me so excited I could cry.

When you say many people will not like the Fountain, are these Xixaxers as well?
WWPTAD?