The Fountain

Started by DavTMcGowan, April 28, 2003, 10:48:01 PM

MacGuffin

Aronofsky's Fountain to Have a Fantastic Premiere

Austin's Fantastic Fest has snagged itself a pretty swanky closing film: Darren Aronofsky's long-awaited and seriously cool-looking The Fountain, an apparent sci-fi mind-bender that stars Hugh Jackman and Rachel Weisz.

Here's a sneak peek at a few of the 60-some titles they'll be offering: Sturla Gunnarsson's Beowulf & Grendel, Robbie Fraser's GamerZ, Anders Banke's Frostbiten, Shinya Tsukamoto's Haze, Albert Pyun's Infection, Billy O'Brien's Isolation, Simon Rumley's The Living and the Dead, and Terry Gilliam's Tideland. Plus there's two dozen additional titles (including shorts!) and several more that haven't been announced yet.

In addition, the festival promises a Greatest Hits Presentation from Greg Nicotero, a 3-D screening of Charles Band's wonderfully bad Parasite (starring Demi Moore!), and a big-screen revisit with the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre!

http://www.fantasticfest.com/
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

Quote from: MacGuffin on July 17, 2006, 01:48:39 PM
Aronofsky's Fountain to Have a Fantastic Premiere

All of a sudden, a hundred bucks isn't sounding that bad.

When you add it up based on Tideland, this, and the brother's Quay movie alone, it's not too bad a deal.

squints

All of a sudden driving 8 hours, missing a week of school/work, and dropping $160 sounds like the best idea i've ever had.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Astrostic

full length trailer will premiere in front of Lady In The Water.  It is not attached, but will play with most prints.  Darren Aronofsky just sold a movie ticket to a film he has no relation to

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

now THAT is a fucking trailer.  that looks AMAZING.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

Quote from: modage on July 21, 2006, 05:38:42 PM
oh i'm not so sure, i heard it was coming out on the 3rd wednesday of the month, and my numerologist/accountant tell's me that's a bad thing.

i'm torn between what is obviously a brilliant high concept story with a trailer that delivers to whatever preconceived expectations i've created for the film, and i dunno, whatever would make me automatically love one preposterous film and hate another.
under the paving stones.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

Quote from: Pubrick on July 21, 2006, 05:56:31 PM
i'm torn between what is obviously a brilliant high concept story with a trailer that delivers to whatever preconceived expectations i've created for the film, and i dunno, whatever would make me automatically love one preposterous film and hate another.

:ponder:

Um... what?

EDIT: Never mind, I just read the "Children of Men" thread.
My house, my rules, my coffee

edison

I started to watch some of the new trailer but then midway through I stopped it. I just don't want to ruin it anymore. I want to try really hard to go into this without seeing anything more of it or even reading any reviews. It already has my money on hold.

Pozer

looks like some changes may have been made.  can't put a finger exactly on it, but some of the trailer was unrecognizable.  simply cannot wait to see this... again.  shut up you pozer.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: modage on July 21, 2006, 05:38:42 PM

yeah, word to that...i wish ono would say something..he thought i was an idiot when i first came on this board and made a thread about how aronofsky was going to the the next great director...but i think he is lost..i think he may have gotten married, i think he got tired of this board and went to michigan, i think he might be playing halo, i think he turned into a vampire, i think hes out having sex alot b/c he knows alot about that, i think he might be writing a book, or he might have changed his user name

but i cant wait to see this film............

elpablo

From Pitchfork Media:

QuoteWell I'll be. Mogwai have once again boarded the soundtracking ship, this time with Captain Darren Aronofsky (Pi, Requiem for a Dream). Makes a little more sense than Miami Vice, doesn't it?

The band contributed to the score for Aronofsky's upcoming film, The Fountain, playing music written by Clint Mansell. No surprise party there. The Kronos Quartet are also on the soundtrack.

I don't really like what I've heard of Mogwai. But I think Mogwai playing music written by Clint Mansell will most likely be very very good.

modage

FUCK!  please dont slide out of 2006...

he release date for Daren Aronofsky's THE FOUNTAIN has changed more times than Paris Hilton's changed Greek shipping heirs (well, maybe not that much). The last release date was October 13th and now according to Box Office Mojo, that's recently been changed to November 22nd. Who knows if they'll actually keep this release date and let us actually see the damn movie. Maybe the film is like a unicorn and that's why the release date's been changed so much. It's mythical and awe-inspiring but it cannot be contained by a mere single release date. It must have many release dates over many years to truly do the film justice.

this makes the fantastic fest showing definitely worthwhile.

squints

Quote from: modage on July 26, 2006, 05:51:58 PM

this makes the fantastic fest showing definitely worthwhile.

Yes. Yes it does
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche