Predators

Started by MacGuffin, April 23, 2009, 06:55:24 PM

tpfkabi

Quote from: brockly on October 07, 2009, 06:16:28 PM
yeah. Rodriguez is like a talentless tarantino. the existence of this movie in particular makes me want to smack that stupid hat off his head. i wouldn't hurt him though, he's got kids.

That actually looks like a fun grindhouse send up - the trailer was anyway.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

MacGuffin

Laurence Fishburne to Fight Predators
Source: ComingSoon

ShockTillYouDrop.com reports that Laurence Fishburne ("CSI," "The Matrix" trilogy) has joined the cast of Robert Rodriguez's Predators, now filming in Texas under the direction of Nimrod Antal.

Fishburne is playing a character named Roland in the film. He joins a cast that includes Adrien Brody, Topher Grace, Danny Trejo, Walton Goggins and Alice Braga.

They play a disparate group of people who land on the Predator home planet only to discover "unspeakable horrors."

20th Century Fox is targeting a July 7, 2010 release for the film.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

oh, i was hoping for some more scandalous news about disgruntled 80s actors/directors coming out of nowhere to duke it out with studios a la Reitman and Crispin Glover, like maybe the original predator resurfaced to say that all the sequels have sucked but he's slightly amused by the casting of this new film:

" i'm glad to see tv personality Topher Grace back in the spotlight, i always found him the most likable out of The 1970s Program, unlike that wilmer valderama now there is a human i would like to point three red dots at and promptly destroy.. and don't get me started on ashton. anyway i saw every episode of that show in its original run between 2998-3006, as you can see i've let myself go a bit! i hope topher and his equally good natured friend adrien brody bring the predator series back to its family-friendly origins. very few people know this, but that mud arnie buried himself in was actually one of the most luxurious mud-bath facilities in the local jungle area.. that was a great shoot, no expenses spared. unfortunately they went the cheap route in the sequels.. even fewer people know that i was in fact offered a salary of less than half what every human in the film was making, and to think i was the only principal returning! finally i walked out on the deal and Jeffrey Weissman was hired to play me using nose and chin prosthetics, come to think of it - i should sue the studio over this! honey, hand me the yellow pages and open it to 'S', i need to find a single female lawyer. "
under the paving stones.

polkablues

I'm over the tables already.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

polkablues

It was a wild ride.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

So, wait, p hijacks a type of formatting with a bad joke and as a result, delegitimizes tables?

I have lost all faith in the rotating headlines.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

polkablues

The joke was good. The tables are annoying. (although p might have inadvertantly saved the table format with his Ringo post... Small captions are a much better use for it than long paragraphs)

Stefen

I hate that format.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Fernando

<--- hey stefen, im waiting for u

Stefen

Is this a trap so you can taunt me with, "sloppy seconds! sloppy seconds!"

*shrug* it's worth it.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

International Trailer

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

This was fucking awesome.

It's a really good time. I love the way it opens. Just throws you right in.

Anyone else see this?