Untitled Paul Thomas Anderson (10th feature, TBA)

Started by Montclair, September 21, 2021, 09:35:17 PM

WorldForgot

That's cool! Really hope it's true, Anima remains one of the better movies on Netflix.
Quote from: PaulElroy35 on July 04, 2023, 04:02:42 PM
Quote from: Fitzroy on July 04, 2023, 03:15:10 PMObviously, take this with a huge grain of salt.

A user over at the subreddit for The Smile met Jonny Greenwood after a show last night. He managed to have a quick chat with Jonny, who said he was currently working on a score for a new PTA short.

Guess its possible hes shorting a short if he has to wait for the strike to be over.
That's cool! Really hope it's true, Anima remains one of the better movies on Netflix.

pynchonikon

According to the latest ProdWeekly issue, filming moved to February '24.

kingfan011

Find Your Magali

Quote from: pynchonikon on July 06, 2023, 04:31:18 AMAccording to the latest ProdWeekly issue, filming moved to February '24.

Obviously this cast, as rumored, could be difficult to keep together, especially if people are trying to get 100 projects rolling at once after the strike(s).

wilberfan

I'd heard 2 or 3 months earlier for a start date.  We'll see.

Heisenberg

Either way, Warner Bros. probably would like this to be their end of year oscar contender for 2024. I mean, that has to be the reason they're getting behind it. I'm guessing shooting will actually start by November or December.

Lempwick

Who does it list as the rumored cast?  Is it a copy/paste of an earlier entry? 

WorldForgot

Quote from: Lempwick on July 06, 2023, 08:42:14 PMWho does it list as the rumored cast?  Is it a copy/paste of an earlier entry? 

Reads like an amalgam of the rumors.

"Leonardo DiCaprio, Regina Hall, Rachael Taylor, and Viggo mortensen mentioned for the leads. Taylou Paige, Vicky Krieps, Harriet Sansom Harris, and Jack Champion also mentioned for roles"

kingfan011

I know nothing is happening because of the strike but it was so fun hearing little trickles of rumors. I miss that.

kingfan011

Looks like DiCaprio is doing Scorsese's The Wager next

Heisenberg

Depending on when The Wager starts shooting, Leo could still be doing the PTA project too.

RudyBlatnoyd

Yeah, Scorsese projects usually take a long time to gestate, so assuming The Wager doesn't even have a finished script yet and assuming that PTA's next film is ready to go when the strikes end and assuming Leo is in it, then he could easily shoot the PTA in early 2024 and the Scorsese in late 2024 or 2025.

PaulElroy35

To be fair guys do we even know if the talk about Leo being in the film is even something we can trust or is it still just rumours?

RudyBlatnoyd

I think all that's really known about this project to a certainty is that at some point PTA put out a casting call for a mixed-race teen with martial arts skills.

Find Your Magali

And, if they ever picked someone, and depending on what they have in mind, that teenager could age out of the role by the time shooting starts.