Michael Moore and his bullshit (Bowling for Columbine)

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, December 03, 2003, 01:52:58 AM

Gamblour.

I'm bizarrely apolitical, yet I see the liberals as often having the better arguments, but I still defend conservatives. So fuck that fat fuck. That scene at Lockheed...so stupid.

Edit: I forgot, I really get sick of all the arguing that goes on around Michael Moore and Bowling for Columbine, as with most political issues, the debate goes nowhere, and no one changes their mind.
WWPTAD?

NEON MERCURY

..personally , i cannn't stand MM...but BFFC is a brilliant movie....

mooore wrote an clever script annd directed it well....i like his choice of actors.. which range from hestoon as portrayed as the leader of the NRA from down to lesser knnow actors like the bannk teller in the begining of the film.....

why wasnnn't heston nominated for an award ffor best supporting actor...

annd why wasnnn't the script that MM crafted nnnonnimated ffor original screennnplay....

Banky

i dont like how he thinks he is above everyone.  Its like hes not just showing the facts, he is telling how "Right" he is

Sleuth

Quote from: Bankyi dont like how he thinks he is above everyone.  Its like hes not just showing the facts, he is telling how "Right" he is

Okay, I'll give you that, and I do hate the fact that he lied in BFC, but in the end you have to give it to him for a great film like Neon said.  And he's got a fucking point.
I like to hug dogs

xerxes

Quote from: Thecowgoooesmooo

Not exactly... He's more like a hyprocritical liar...

http://www.nationalreview.com/kopel/kopel040403.asp

chris

i almost stopped reading after this "brilliant" paragraph:

Moore asks: "Do you think it's a little bit dangerous handing out guns at a bank?" The banker's answer isn't shown.

So the audience is left with a smug sense of the pro-gun bank's folly. Yet just a moment's reflection shows that there is not the slightest danger. To take possession of the gun, the depositor must give the bank thousands of dollars (an unlikely way to start a robbery). He must then produce photo identification (thus making it all but certain that the robber would be identified and caught), spend at least a half hour at the bank (thereby allowing many people to see and identify him), and undergo an FBI background check (which would reveal criminal convictions disqualifying most of the people inclined to bank robbery). A would-be robber could far more easily buy a handgun for a few hundred dollars on the black market, with no identification required.

and then i read this:

The vast majority of hunters are also very safety-conscious. In 2000, for example, there were 91 fatal hunting accidents in all of North America, within a population of over 16 million hunters.

and i really had to stop.  i must say, the author argues some very stupid points.

pete

looks like we got ourselves couple of chris matthews on the board.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Sleuth

Quote from: petelooks like we got ourselves couple of chris matthews on the board.

What do you mean by this?  From the little of Hardball that I've seen, he seems like he's always challenging everyone (both sides) and I'm not really sure where he leans.

Did you mean that some people have tomato-shaped heads?
I like to hug dogs

SoNowThen

Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: SoNowThenchris matthews is the man!!

That's cuz he got a sex change...

classical gas

what's wrong with michael moore?  why can't simple folk create propoganda?  sure, it's bullshit on all sides, but let the man do his thing, if it's for a good cause.  you know, i love to see people shot and killed and murder and so on, it's all fun stuff, hell, it's the american dream to murder somoene.  but the man is just trying to make a little film.  let it go.

Pubrick

Quote from: classical gaswhat's wrong with michael moore?  why can't simple folk create propoganda?
exactly, everybody's lying so let the best liar win.

and in this case the best liar happens to be right.
under the paving stones.

Sleuth

Quote from: P
Quote from: classical gaswhat's wrong with michael moore?  why can't simple folk create propoganda?
exactly, everybody's lying so let the best liar win.

and in this case the best liar happens to be right.

I really, really wish people wouldn't defend that.  If he were so secure, he wouldn't have to lie.  But like I said, he's right
I like to hug dogs

aclockworkjj

Quote from: Pbe right.
Quote from: Slobhhe's right
liars.

SHAFTR

Perhaps people should go do research on documentaries.  They are not representations of reality.  They are carefully constructed through editing to show what the author wants to show.

Moore constructed Bowling for Columbine very impressively (I believe he won a best screenplay award for it from the Independent Film Awards).
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Thecowgoooesmooo

QuotePerhaps people should go do research on documentaries. They are not representations of reality. They are carefully constructed through editing to show what the author wants to show.

doc·u·men·ta·ry    
adj.

1. Consisting of, concerning, or based on documents.

2. Presenting facts objectively without editorializing or inserting fictional matter, as in a book or film.

I did the research Shaftr.. Notice anything weird?

chris