The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn

Started by polkablues, March 09, 2007, 01:30:16 AM

Pubrick

serkis will be the dog, obviously.

what i really wanna know is who the third director is gonna be..

i know! it'll be a digital creation by WETA. THAT"S THE GENIUS PART! who better to make a digital 3D cutting edge movie than someone who is NATIVE to that world?? i'm serious. this is the secret james cameron has been keeping. that's why he's been able to leap ahead of everyone in the digital arms race. i can see it now.. the idea came to him during one of his expeditions to the bottom of the ocean, in his fortress of solitude, maybe it was the salt water in his veins or the oxygen bubbles in his brain, he's not sure, but the heart of the ocean spoke to him and gave birth to the future.  not only that, in keeping with his leading-lady trademark, his secret co-director is also FEMALE! that's why he didn't hav to marry or divorce anyone before making Avatar.  he's been making digital love.

andew niccol must be spinning in his bed.
under the paving stones.

polkablues

I'm getting really antsy with the lack of new information about these movies.  Seriously, how has the WETA test footage not leaked somewhere already?  In this day and age, if footage exists, it should be on the internet already.  I demand footage!
My house, my rules, my coffee

Sleepless

Was never a fan of Tintin as a kid, so just went down the library and got 'Tintin in America,' 'Cigars of the Pharaoh,' and 'The Blue Lotus.'
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

polkablues

"Cigars of the Pharaoh" is one of my favorites.  "Blue Lotus" is one of the weaker of the books, and "Tintin in America" is kind of goofy, but a lot of fun, clearly inspired by (and perhaps somewhat of a spoof of) the Western serials of the time.

I recommend reading all the books if you can find them, but the ones I suggest most highly, both in terms of quality and because I'm convinced they will comprise the stories of two of the movies, are both of the two-book story arcs: "Secret of the Unicorn" and "Red Rackham's Treasure", and "Destination Moon" and "Explorers on the Moon".  "King Ottokar's Sceptre" is another of my personal favorites, and I would guess the third movie is probably a tossup between it, "Cigars", or "The Calculus Affair".

72teeth

Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

polkablues

I will hunt you down and physically hurt you for the shattered hope you just caused me.

squints

Quote from: polkablues on February 03, 2008, 06:47:40 AM
I will hunt you down and physically hurt you for the shattered hope you just caused me.

Les Adventure De Polky
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: 72teeth on February 03, 2008, 05:21:17 AM
Quote from: polkablues on February 02, 2008, 02:34:50 AM
how has the WETA test footage not leaked somewhere already?

it .

:lol:

It's funny, you put up the portuguese version of it. "as aventuras de tim-tim"
Si

72teeth

Quote from: ElPandaRoyal on February 04, 2008, 08:49:04 AM

it .

that's because Wes Anderson is directing the third one...

Yowza Yowza Yowza

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: 72teeth on February 04, 2008, 05:59:31 PM
Quote from: ElPandaRoyal on February 04, 2008, 08:49:04 AM

it .

that's because Wes Anderson is directing the third one...

Now that would be sweet  :-D
Si

polkablues

There's a rumor going around that Djimon Honsou is telling people he's in talks to be in the Tintin movies.  Who he would be playing is anybody's guess.

http://chud.com/articles/articles/13877/1/WILL-DJIMON-HOUNSOU-BE-IN-TINTIN/Page1.html

polkablues

So the Djimon Honsou thing was total bush-league bullshit that bore no resemblance to reality.  But finally there's some real news (a little bit, anyway) via CHUD, via some other site, via some interview with Andy Serkis.  Here's the scoop:

-The first movie will be directed by Spielberg, the second by Jackson, and the third by whoever ends up being the third director (Oh, I hope it's me...).

-Shooting will begin in earnest in September.

-Andy Serkis will be playing Captain Haddock.  Pretty sure I called that one.

Still no word on that WETA test footage.  I just want to know whose office I have to pull a daring daylight robbery on to get ahold of that stuff...

MacGuffin

Thomas Sangster Cast as Tintin?
Source: Daily Mail

17-year-old Thomas Sangster (Nanny McPhee, Love Actually) has been cast to play comic book hero Tintin in the trilogy of performance capture films to be directed by Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson, according to the Daily Mail.

Sangster, from South London, has already been to Los Angeles to work on pre-production test sequences with both directors.

He'll be joining Andy Serkis, who has been cast as Tintin's sidekick Captain Haddock.

Filming on the first story involving Tintin begins in the fall, with Spielberg directing. Peter Jackson will direct the second movie.

At the end of this month, Sangster begins working with Oscar-winning director Jane Campion on her film Bright Star, a love story with Ben Whishaw and Abbie Cornish portraying John Keats and his lover Fanny Brawne.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

The kid from Love Actually is 17?!?  How fucking old does that make me feel....

I'm not sure how I feel about this.  I would have to hear what his voice sounds like now.  At least they didn't cast an American.  Where's the goddamn WETA footage???

72teeth

Yowza Yowza Yowza