The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn

Started by polkablues, March 09, 2007, 01:30:16 AM

The Perineum Falcon

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

picolas

less awkward version of the entire adventure !

cronopio 2

the camerawork (by which i mean the way it looks handheld but at the same time carefully composed, because handheld requires hands) could be this movie's grace. i'm in if it's pastel-y and shiny, and it looks like it's going to be that. stopped watching the trailer at half because i didn't wanted more shots ruined by it, a general good sign.

polkablues

Quote from: The Perineum Falcon on July 11, 2011, 03:52:18 PM
Agreed.

I hope polka's happy.

I am.  I wasn't entirely sold on the teaser trailer, too dark and mysterious and not at all Tintiney, but I'm convinced now.  My high expectations were not in vain.
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Pubrick

Quote from: Sleepless on October 13, 2011, 11:34:09 AM
Empire's review. Very excited again  :yabbse-grin:

yes even though most of the commenters seem to cast aspersions on that dude's ability to review a film, i think what he's described is enough to stay positive. it sounds like fun, and that's what the movie needs to be if they're gonna sell it to the american public and have a chance of a franchise. not expecting much else really.. kinda over mo-cap at the mo.
under the paving stones.

Stefen

That review is something else. It's like an Englishman tried Ritalin for the first time then started writing in Oxford French.

Handicapped review aside, I really want to see this. Everything I've seen of it has been awesome. It's one of my most anticipated movies for the holiday/awards season. Spielberg and Jackson have been terrible lately. I want to see them join forces and beat the shit out of everyone else.

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Fernando

polkablues

Quote from: Fernando on October 17, 2011, 01:51:32 PM
Fan made opening credits:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/this-unofficial-tintin-openingcredits-sequence-sho,63539/

they're actually pretty good.

So. Many. References.

That was awesome.

Here's the latest US trailer:

This definitely shows the most action of any of the trailers.  And say whatever bad things you will about mo-cap (I'm sure I've already said them all myself), but this movie is looking gorgeous.  It's going to be stunning on a big IMAX screen.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pubrick

Quote from: polkablues? on October 18, 2011, 10:09:02 PM
Here's the latest US trailer:

This definitely shows the most action of any of the trailers.  And say whatever bad things you will about mo-cap (I'm sure I've already said them all myself), but this movie is looking gorgeous.  It's going to be stunning on a big IMAX screen.

yes my god that looks amazing.

only weird thing is i just kept staring at their eyes and noticing they never blink. even cartoons usually get this right, blinks usually happened in classic simpsons when characters turn their head or just appeared naturally.. here i saw none and it made me very self conscious.. now i'm having a panic attack and overblinking like that bit at the end of Gondry's Let Forever Be video.

also there was a nice Last Crusade reference when the Capt was next to Tint.
under the paving stones.

©brad

I could have done without the "Two Greatest Storytellers of our time" titlecard but otherwise looks great.

Pubrick

Quote from: ©brad on October 19, 2011, 10:29:56 AM
I could have done without the "Two Greatest Storytellers of our time" titlecard but otherwise looks great.

Yeah I LOLd at that.

Maybe they meant moneymakers.
under the paving stones.

Fernando

Quote from: polkablues? on October 18, 2011, 10:09:02 PM
Quote from: Fernando on October 17, 2011, 01:51:32 PM
Fan made opening credits:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/this-unofficial-tintin-openingcredits-sequence-sho,63539/

they're actually pretty good.

So. Many. References.

That was awesome.

well, apparently they just paid off...

Guy who made those unofficial Tintin credits gets a job working for Steven Spielberg

Last week on Great Job, Internet!, we drew your attention to a fan-made Flash animation title sequence for Steven Spielberg's upcoming adaptation of Herge's The Adventures Of Tintin. Today comes word that that video, from James Curran of SlimJim Studios, was apparently so impressive that it got the animator an invite to the première of Tintin from Spielberg himself and, as if that wasn't enough, Spielberg even offered Curran a job on one of his upcoming films. The news came via a tweet from Tintin co-writer Edgar Wright, who didn't share any more details beyond that. Anyway, the only takeaway from Curran's story is that posting speculative work on the Internet in the hopes of getting a dream job offer from a Hollywood titan always works out in the end. So keep it up, entire YouTube community.