The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn

Started by polkablues, March 09, 2007, 01:30:16 AM

samsong

Quote from: polkablues on January 04, 2012, 04:01:03 PM
So I've seen this twice now.  I have a handful of reservations, but overall it's as good as I could have reasonably hoped it to be.

word.  it's not that good, but it's definitely awesome.  i find myself perpetually in the mood for grandiose, candy-colored hollywood escapism and this certainly delivers that.

polkablues

I liked how it didn't try to modernize Tintin in an awkward way, no snarky comebacks or pop-culture references, and it didn't kiddify the whole thing.  When the characters are in peril, they're in real peril.  It's apparent that Spielberg and Jackson actually respect Tintin for what it is, and were willing to fight to keep it that way.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Sleepless

Quote from: samsong on January 04, 2012, 04:10:27 PM
it's not that good, but it's definitely awesome.

^ Marquee?

Glad to hear what Polka has said about this. All sounds good and I'm definitely excited to see this. Did you see it in IMAX, 3D or both? Did it add anything to the experience. I really don't care to see it (or anything else) in 3D at all anymore because as good as Hugo was, I really didn't feel the 3D added anything of worth.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

polkablues

I saw it in IMAX 3D. The 3D was good, as far as 3D goes, but the movie certainly doesn't need it. Just see it on the nicest 2D screen you can find and you're good.
My house, my rules, my coffee