TOP 10 Most Anticipated Films of 2005 - A LIST Thread

Started by modage, January 07, 2005, 03:32:24 PM

Two Lane Blacktop

This will be a shock, I know...

That's actually my ONLY anticipated movie of 2005 so far.  I'd like to see Dark Water but I don't have very high expectations for it.  

2LB
Body by Guinness

brockly

MUST SEES
Spike Jonze/Charlie Kaufman horror film
will probably be the best film of the year, unless PTA's new film happens to come out this year - the same prick who kept BJM and Adaptation from being the best films of their year

Batman Begins
been waiting for another dark batman movie for a LONG time. Nolan seems fit for the job... motherfucker better be

Glamorama
Its only a matter of time before Avary makes a great film. This could be it.

The Science of Sleep
was quite dissapointed with how he handled Kaufman's script, but im interested to see how he'll do with his own writing.

Kung Fu Hustle
was reading about it the other day. sounds hilarious

Paris, je t'aime
should be interesting..... very interesting

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
being a burton fan

OTHERS
A Scanner Darkly
The Corpse Bride
King Kong
War of the Worlds
New World

thats about it, i think, without mentioning the ones that will most likely suck (eg. star wars, sin city etc).

oakmanc234

Kong: Cause come Christmas this year, Jackson will release something phenomenal. And the cast rocks.

Sin City: cause it looks like a fucked up fantasy comic book Pulp Fiction. Or maybe just cause I'm wanting another Pulp....

WOTW: Spielberg, Cruise, aliens and a shitload of big effects. Just inject it to my veins.

Episode III: Yea we all want it to be a good film but who's really counting on it? Instead I'll just look forward to those 'whoaaaaa' visuals we're gonna get in boatloads from this flick...

Daltry Calhoun: Quentin Tarantino-produced dramedy starring Johnny Knoxville & Juliette Lewis. Could be one of those great highlights of the year that comes out of nowhere.

Palindromes: Cause its been a frigging long time since Storytelling and I need a fix of Solondz.

Melinda & Melinda: Simply because its Will Ferrell in a Woody Allen flick.

Call me pessimistic but I cant see a newie from PTA or Gondrey or Jonze coming out this year cause they tend to, um, take AGES to actually reach screens let alone make (waiting for PDL seemed like a fuckin lifetime).
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Two Lane Blacktop

Quote from: brockly
Batman Begins
been waiting for another dark batman movie for a LONG time. Nolan seems fit for the job... motherfucker better be

I saw a trailer for this, and it looked uncomfortably like the Matrix or something.  I'm hoping not-  outside of the movies, Batman has always been one of my favorite characters (which is probably why I've always been so hard on the movies!).  

2LB
Body by Guinness

Myxo

Quote from: Two Lane Blacktop
Quote from: brockly
Batman Begins

I saw a trailer for this, and it looked uncomfortably like the Matrix or something.  I'm hoping not-  outside of the movies, Batman has always been one of my favorite characters (which is probably why I've always been so hard on the movies!).  

2LB

Nah.

Christopher Nolan hasn't let us down yet. :D

MacGuffin

Quote from: Two Lane BlacktopI saw a trailer for this, and it looked uncomfortably like the Matrix or something.

You say that like it's a bad thing.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

kotte

The sequels casts a shadow over the original masterpiece.

Two Lane Blacktop

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: Two Lane BlacktopI saw a trailer for this, and it looked uncomfortably like the Matrix or something.

To me, it is a bad thing.  

2LB
Body by Guinness

grand theft sparrow

Am I really the only one looking forward to Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

Two Lane Blacktop

Quote from: hacksparrowAm I really the only one looking forward to Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

I'd forgotten about that one!

I'm looking forward to it, but also am trying to keep my expectations within reason.  There's no way the movie will live up to my memories of reading the books in my late teens/early twenties, so I shouldn't expect it to.

2LB
Body by Guinness

Ultrahip

Mother of Pearl! Is Avary actually doing Glamorama? If so, that will be the best movie of the year. Kip Pardue better still be playing Victor. That boy's got chops dammit!

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Two Lane Blacktop
Quote from: MacGuffin

To me, it is a bad thing.  

2LB

I also was unnerved a little by the trailer, but I could also tell they had very little footage from the movie in which to show a decent trailer. I'm thinking the result will be different than the trailer.

SHAFTR

Sin City
War of the Worlds
EDIT: Jarhead
Million Dollar Baby (I haven't seen it yet)
Batman Begins
The New World
The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe
Where the Wild Things Are
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

ono

Quote from: SHAFTRJughead
Jarhead?

For a second there I was thinking Archie and the gang were getting the silver screen treatment.

Myxo

I'm really afraid Hitchhikers Guide falls into that "unknown director" category for me that always makes me a little hesitant to think that it might be good. It has a big time chance to flop but you never know. It could be really, really good. Tough call until there is a longer trailer to take a look at how it's being filmed.