Steve Carrell
Jay Johnston
Maya Rudolph
Chris Parnell

words need not be spoken.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

meatwad

i think adam mckay wrote this with will farrell. Mckay was the head writer on snl when farrell was there, and i heard he was the one who wrote most of will's best sketches.

This one is looking to be a classic.

Sleuth

Yeah, McKay was also a member of UCB before they got the show

Pretty much anything twisted and weird you've seen with Will Ferrel was written by Adam McKay

Isn't Jack Black in this too?

EDIT:  yes, cameo, thx sloy
I like to hug dogs

Ghostboy

I've been excited about this ever since they first did a script review at AICN, before it was greenlit.  It sounds like there's going to be loads of cameos in it...I think Jack Black is the only one that people know about so far. I really hope this is as absurdly brilliant as it probably will be.

Banky

MacGuffin

Release Date: Spring, 2004 (wide)

Cast: Will Ferrell (Ron Burgundy), Christina Applegate (Veronica Corningstone), Steve Carrell (Brick Tamland), Kevin Corrigan (Paul Hauser), Chuck D, David Koechner (Champ Kind), Chris Parnell (Garth Holliday), Paul Rudd (Brian Fantana), Maya Rudolph (Deedra X), Vince Vaughn (Wes Mantooth), Fred Willard (Ed Harken), Dave Allen, Jack Black (cameo), Chad Everett (Jess Moondragon), Kathryn Hahn (Helen), Jay Johnston, Justin Long (Chris Harken), Tara Subkoff (Sandra), Paul F. Tompkins, Chris Williams (Rashad Harris).

Director: Adam McKay (feature film debut; he previously directed a series of short films for the 2000-2001 season of "Saturday Night Live")

Screenwriter: Adam McKay (feature debut; "Saturday Night Live" writing staff, 1995 to 2001), Will Ferrell (cowriter of A Night at the Roxbury) (they've also got August Blowout in development).

Premise: Set in 1970s San Diego, this is the story of local TV anchorman Ron Burgundy (Ferrell), god's gift to the ladies and the area's most respected reader of the teleprompter of the news fit to be known, who finds his position challenged by an ambitious female newscaster (Applegate) who, unlike Ron, actually knows something about journalism.

Here's how DreamWorks puts it:

"[Ron Burgundy (Ferrell) is] the top-rated anchorman in San Diego in the '70s. When feminism marches into the newsroom in the form of ambitious newswoman Veronica Corningstone (Applegate), Ron is willing to play along at first-as long as Veronica stays in her place, covering cat fashion shows, cooking, and other "female" interests. But when Veronica refuses to settle for being eye candy and steps behind the news desk, it's more than a battle between two perfectly coiffed anchor-persons...it's war."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Banky

Quote from: stuart braithwaite
Quote from: Bankyis thier a trailer yet?
yes, in dorkborkjj's ass.

what the hell does that mean?

cine

I guess Ferrell and McKay had one hell of a time writing those character names. McKay wrote and directed quite a few short films for SNL.. One was the Neil Armstrong one where he keeps watching old tapes of himself and howling to the moon. Another took place in some shitty convenience store, one featured a dog chasing Ferrell or Parnell.. can't remember.. and the dog leaped over a balcony ontop of him. Another was some crazy German ordering a baby to not crackle the chip bag. Ferrell was shouting "ONE, TWO, THREE - GROW UP!!" to make him older and not so infantile.. McKay is a very funny writer and combined with Ferrell, this is just going be one of the funniest of recent comedies. Carrell will once again be hilarious as he always is.. but I don't think he'll be stealing the show this time around.. we shall see.

MacGuffin

Anchorman Clip Premiering on New Official Site!

On the heels of the success of the comedy Elf, starring Will Ferrell, DreamWorks Pictures is premiering a specially selected clip from Ferrell's next feature film comedy, Anchorman, on the film's new official website!

Opening nationwide on July 9, 2004, Anchorman stars Ferrell as Ron Burgundy, San Diego's top-rated anchorman in the 1970s. Christina Applegate stars opposite Ferrell as ambitious newswoman Veronica Corningstone. When Veronica joins Ron's news team, he is willing to play along at first -- as long as Veronica stays in her place, covering cat fashion shows, cooking, and other "female" interests. But when Veronica refuses to settle for being eye candy and steps behind the news desk, it's more than a battle between two perfectly coiffed anchor- persons...it's war.

Will Ferrell co-wrote the screenplay for Anchorman with Adam McKay, former Saturday Night Live head writer and founder of the Upright Citizen's Brigade comedy troupe. McKay is also making his directorial debut on Anchorman.

Stay tuned to the official website for when the clip goes online.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

my bowels imploded and reploded during that clip. twice.

MacGuffin

Quote from: picolasmy bowels imploded and reploded during that clip. twice.

Did you do it in the refrigerator?

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

the im and replosions were localized within my bowels.

russiasusha

"The Human torch was denied a bank loan"
Guess that means i'm back on zigzag!
Movies before 1930 suck

Ghostboy

Damn that looks funny. The period details/style look note perfect, too.