Untitled Paul Thomas Anderson (10th feature, TBA)

Started by Montclair, September 21, 2021, 09:35:17 PM

kingfan011

Wonder when the first day starts we'll see some unofficial set photos like when Phantom Thread started.

RudyBlatnoyd

The ever-reliable WOR is reporting that it's started filming...

Lots of Bees

Is anyone here planning on being there in person? Going up for a day to look around or something? I know we all want set photos but I guess that's less likely when they're not shooting in LA...

Find Your Magali

Projects that did some shooting in Eureka:

Mulholland Drive
Salem's Lot (1979), dressed up to look like New England
Outbreak
The Russians Are Coming, the Russians Are Coming (RIP, Norman Jewison)

And lots of movies that require redwoods as part of the plot.

SaunchSmilax

If someone plans to drive up from LA I will contribute gas money and a killer soundtrack...just sayin.
"All I ever wanted was a cool '78 'Vette and a house in the country."

SaunchSmilax

Quote from: Lempwick on January 11, 2024, 06:12:58 PMHe's expressed interest in working with Lubezki. 

Please keep Chivo as far away as possible from our god.
"All I ever wanted was a cool '78 'Vette and a house in the country."

Lots of Bees

Quote from: eastmanfade on January 23, 2024, 12:43:05 PMIf someone plans to drive up from LA I will contribute gas money and a killer soundtrack...just sayin.

Second that. I'm gonna get restless if a week of shooting goes by and we don't see something

Rooty Poots

Quote from: eastmanfade on January 23, 2024, 12:43:05 PMIf someone plans to drive up from LA I will contribute gas money and a killer soundtrack...just sayin.

If someone wants to make a detour up to Alaska to come pick me up, I'd do the same. Maybe even toss in a bunch of fresh cookies.
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

gearhead

first time on the forum.. hi guys! I've started a Vineland/BC project updates account on twitter (@ VinelandPTA for anyone interested), so im going to try keep up to speed on everything thats going on :)
anyways - given production is already a few days underway, is it unusual to not have any set photos/leaks by now? Eureka's relatively small, but i've seen zero buzz about production from influencers or cinemas in the town, or even on the regular Humboldt reddit page

Lots of Bees

Quote from: gearhead on January 24, 2024, 05:39:54 PMfirst time on the forum.. hi guys! I've started a Vineland/BC project updates account on twitter (@ VinelandPTA for anyone interested), so im going to try keep up to speed on everything thats going on :)
anyways - given production is already a few days underway, is it unusual to not have any set photos/leaks by now? Eureka's relatively small, but i've seen zero buzz about production from influencers or cinemas in the town, or even on the regular Humboldt reddit page

There are some updates on the Humboldt reddit page - https://www.reddit.com/r/Humboldt/s/DQNkpITaP1

- that link has people talking about sightings/shooting schedule. Still, no photos or videos is driving me crazy

wilberfan

Lots of Bees

Does that not look like a very small (digital?) camera?

Also, can't imagine what that shot will look like. It looks like it's only getting the back of the last car - and from the facebook it sounds like they didn't shut down roads but just drove a couple miles in a line like that with regular people passing them. Interesting

Rooty Poots

Quote from: Lots of Bees on January 24, 2024, 09:57:41 PMDoes that not look like a very small (digital?) camera?

Also, can't imagine what that shot will look like. It looks like it's only getting the back of the last car - and from the facebook it sounds like they didn't shut down roads but just drove a couple miles in a line like that with regular people passing them. Interesting

It's rumored to be shot on VistaVision and that rig doesn't look out of line with what I've grown to expect a VistaVision camera to look like over the past 30 seconds of googling.
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

Lots of Bees

Quote from: Rooty Poots on January 26, 2024, 07:02:04 PM
Quote from: Lots of Bees on January 24, 2024, 09:57:41 PMDoes that not look like a very small (digital?) camera?

It's rumored to be shot on VistaVision and that rig doesn't look out of line with what I've grown to expect a VistaVision camera to look like over the past 30 seconds of googling.

I wonder if that rumor means shot using VistaVison for effects work only (something that Nolan among others have done before) or shot entirely in VistaVision (which hasn't been done in the US since Hitchcock)

Find Your Magali

Occam's razor says effects work only, and maybe plays into the idea of some sci-fi elements.

I certainly wouldn't put it past PTA to try to use it for the whole film, but that seems less likely. AFAIK the last films to use it were Nagisa Oshima's erotic dramas of the 1970s.