most overlooked/ underrated films of '03

Started by pete, January 02, 2004, 02:11:54 AM

cine

Oh, and that scene with you and the hurdles was hilarious, kotte. I've never seen an old women scream so loudly (even though i still couldn't hear anything  :?)..

MacGuffin

Remember the part of the xixax movie when the film stuck to the story topic, and then it went off on a tangent?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

kotte

I think we have a synopsis here...flesh out it out to 10 page treatment and 'll do the grunt work and scribble down the 240+ page script.

So've established me, Pantalones and Mr. BurgerKing to make fun of. Who else?

Who's our leading man?
More importantly, who's the bad guy?

Sleuth

GT's the badguy AT FIRST, then we have to team up with him to take care of a greater evil (Ratner? Shumacher?)
I like to hug dogs

kotte

Quote from: SlogGT's the badguy AT FIRST, then we have to team up with him to take care of a greater evil (Ratner? Shumacher?)

cow goes moo

cine

I had that in mind however I was leaning more towards:

neatahwanta
(credit: P)

Sleuth

Why give those jerks such a big role?  Make it somebody like Molly.
I like to hug dogs

kotte

Quote from: CinephileI had that in mind however I was leaning more towards:

neatahwanta
(credit: P)

HAHAHA!!!

kotte

Quote from: SlogWhy give those jerks such a big role?  Make it somebody like Molly.

She can be the sexy supporting character who runs around in a bikini despite the wintery cold.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

kotte

Quote from: SlogI'm talking villain here

Sleuth

All right, so several Xixaxians get together and make a film starring Halle Berry, it premieres in GT's hometown and he trashes it in a scathing review.  Everyone gets mad at GT, and right before he is impaled in front of everyone, Mac runs up with news that Halle Berry signed on to do 2 sequels to the movie directed by Ratner.  We all wonder how they could do this and figure out that Halle Berry used her fancy Hollywood lawyer to fuck with the contracts so that now she owns them, and will be credited as producer and creator, so the death of GT is postponed so you can go to Hollywood and, oh, I don't know, kill everyone.
I like to hug dogs

RegularKarate

whatever happens in the movie, it needs to be assequential, shot on reversal, projected at 1.33, and be in pig-latin with no subtitles...

Oh yeah, and there's a shot of a guy just scratching his nuts for fifteen minutes.

Fernando

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: FernandoWait, it hasn't been released yet.
Guess you're too mainstream to notice the real arthouse festivals.
I saw the movie. It was alright. The JJ cameo was funny though.

:oops:  Well, you can tell that I almost never check the Feature Presentation forum, I'll try to check them out soon though.

kotte

Quote from: Fernando
Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: FernandoWait, it hasn't been released yet.
Guess you're too mainstream to notice the real arthouse festivals.
I saw the movie. It was alright. The JJ cameo was funny though.

:oops:  Well, you can tell that I almost never check the Feature Presentation forum, I'll try to check them out soon though.

Could've been a joke...