most overlooked/ underrated films of '03

Started by pete, January 02, 2004, 02:11:54 AM

Fernando

Quote from: kotte
Quote from: Fernando
Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: FernandoWait, it hasn't been released yet.
Guess you're too mainstream to notice the real arthouse festivals.
I saw the movie. It was alright. The JJ cameo was funny though.

:oops:  Well, you can tell that I almost never check the Feature Presentation forum, I'll try to check them out soon though.

Could've been a joke...

Is this a joke to you?  :wink:

kotte

No, but I think this is funny...

Quote from: CinephileThe JJ cameo was funny though.

Pubrick

Quote from: RegularKarateOh yeah, and there's a shot of a guy just scratching his nuts for fifteen minutes.
haha yes. that's an important scene.

followed by a crucial flashback of kotte in the woods. might hav to do that as anime.
under the paving stones.

Gamblour.

Quote from: P
Quote from: RegularKarateOh yeah, and there's a shot of a guy just scratching his nuts for fifteen minutes.
haha yes. that's an important scene.

followed by a crucial flashback of kotte in the woods. might hav to do that as anime.

Following that, we cut back to the dude scratching his nuts at which point Sigur Ros drives up in his Dirkmobile, jumps out, and kicks a soccer ball at the dude's nuts. Then arrives XIXAX himself, chainsaw on one hand, Oliver North's War Stories in the other, and begins battling zombies coming from a manhole.
WWPTAD?

cine

Quote from: Gamblor du JourThen arrives XIXAX himself, chainsaw on one hand, Oliver North's War Stories in the other, and begins battling zombies coming from a manhole.
But XIXAX can't fight them all off so MacGuffin saves the day by redirecting the zombies - back down the manhole.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: CinephileBut XIXAX can't fight them all off so MacGuffin saves the day by redirecting the zombies - back down the manhole.

...where GDIDM dwells.

Pubrick

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman...where GDIDM dwells.
here the action slows down, as gdidm is in the middle of a big domestic with his former live-in lover e-snizz. sniz is moving out and there's nothing gdidm can do to stop him. as snizz leaves the manwhole with the last of his luggage and belongings, gdidm sheds a tear of cream.. the single droplet splashes in a puddle below, sending ripples along. as phil collins' "I Wish It Would Rain Down" begins to play, we see a montage of other xixax couples and their current predicaments, the sad ones sing along, the others smile obliviously as if in their own separate soundtrack. we see  slog and pas, phil and sigur, mog and dirk, pic and an apparition of sphinx, mac and a mosaic of all of budgie's avatars.

it's a touching moment, and so ends the first act.
under the paving stones.