Johnny Depp is the best pirate ever.

Started by Ghostboy, July 09, 2003, 01:34:57 AM

cine

Quote from: mogwaiwhat a perfect way to begin a movie. depp's influence here is cleary buster keaton.
Good call, mog. I was reminded of the Navigator the second I saw that in theatres.

mogwai

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: mogwaiwhat a perfect way to begin a movie. depp's influence here is cleary buster keaton.
Good call, mog. I was reminded of the Navigator the second I saw that in theatres.
no shit? i had no idea man... :lol:

modage

Pirates of the Caribbean Sequels Confirmations!
Source: Coming Soon! Saturday, May 15, 2004

Two cool news bits have come in this weekend about the Pirates of the Caribbean sequels. First up, Dark Horizons received a report from the NATO (North American Theatre Owners) annual meeting where Disney talked about the franchise.

He went on to talk about the sequel(s) to Pirates and said the entire cast and production team would be back. He said production would begin shortly on Pirates of the Caribbean 2 & 3 and they would be released six months apart in 2006. This was news to me as I had only heard their was going to be one sequel.

This confirms earlier speculation by the Hollywood trades that Disney was going to shoot two sequels at once, much like the second and third "Matrix" films.

ComingSoon.net has also confirmed with a very reliable source that Johnny Depp's wish has come true. Rolling Stones' Keith Richards will indeed play Captain Jack Sparrow's dad in the sequel. As you probably know by now, Depp modeled Sparrow in the first film after the musician.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Just Withnail

Quote from: themodernage02Pirates of the Caribbean Sequels Confirmations!...
ComingSoon.net has also confirmed with a very reliable source that Johnny Depp's wish has come true. Rolling Stones' Keith Richards will indeed play Captain Jack Sparrow's dad in the sequel. As you probably know by now, Depp modeled Sparrow in the first film after the musician.

That alone (if true) should make it quite interesting and potential to be insanely hilarious.

MacGuffin

Richards To Play Depp's Father

Hollywood hunk Johnny Depp's wish has been granted - Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards is set to play his father in Pirates Of The Caribbean: Treasures Of The Lost Abyss. Depp has admitted that he based his character Captain Jack Sparrow on the aging rocker when he shot the 2003 hit Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl, and now the stars are reportedly set to team up on screen. Earlier this year, Depp was alleged to have expressed an interest in Richards playing his father. The sequel is set to begin filming in February, with director Gore Verbinski taking the helm again.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

haha, perfect.  this is like Michael Caine being Austin Powers dad in the sequel.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.