Bubble

Started by modage, August 17, 2005, 09:37:43 PM

Tictacbk

That teaser......is awful.

It honestly made me want to not see the film.

Gamblour.

Yeah, pretty shitty.
WWPTAD?

Ultrahip

reminds me of A Clockwork Orange.

grand theft sparrow

He should have totally set the trailer to a New Order song.

You all realize that, regardless of whether or not you want to see it, we all have to do our part and see it in a theatre opening weekend, or the days of the movie theatre will be numbered as they will have tangible proof that most people will opt for DVD if given the choice.

Tictacbk

Quote from: lockesparrow on December 26, 2005, 10:24:54 PM
You all realize that, regardless of whether or not you want to see it, we all have to do our part and see it in a theatre opening weekend, or the days of the movie theatre will be numbered as they will have tangible proof that most people will opt for DVD if given the choice.

maybe we can get M Night to pay for all of us.  A field trip of sorts...

modage

DVD Cover ^^^
In Theatres Jan 27
or (in the shortest window from Theatres to DVD EVER!) Pre-order it from Amazon for Jan 31st here.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Tictacbk on December 16, 2005, 04:47:32 AM
That teaser......is awful.

It honestly made me want to not see the film.

yeah, it pretty much sucks...now i see the reason for the dvd/theatrical release...

modage

http://www.bubblethefilm.com/

includes quicktime interviews with Soderbergh about Bubble, the Simultaneous Release and MORE!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

pete

I saw it today when the projectionist was setting it up on landmark theater's new state of the art digital projection.  All I can say is Bubble looks really really amazing and crisp on 4k projection.  I mean, you know, it doesn't have the warmth of celluloid but WOW the detail and the clarity!  4k!
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Gamblour.

but how was the movie?
WWPTAD?

pete

I don't know, didn't watch the whole thing.
- Buster Keaton

JG

hmm...well i do have a 25 dollar pass to kendall square cinemas.  think it's worth it?

modage

you could buy it on dvd for that money!

pete

jimmygator: I freaking work at the kendall.  I probably sold your mom/ uncle/ whoever actually thought it to be a good idea to give gift certificates from an indie theater.
just come and look for a goofy asian kid with glasses and ask me if I was Pete.  I'll say yes and let you in.  If I'm there.
- Buster Keaton

jigzaw

Quote from: hacksparrow on December 26, 2005, 10:24:54 PM
He should have totally set the trailer to a New Order song.

I'm bothered by this release as well, but I don't know if I even want to dignify it with a theatre viewing.  I'll probably ignore it altogether and hope it's a bomb.  Why do I have the distinct feeling that Soderberg is being used by the money guys who blew a lot of smoke up his ass about being "experimental" and got him to help kill the theatrical industry?  As an aspiring filmmaker I want my work to end up in a theatre, and this just makes me think that in the near future films by new directors and all low budget films will instantly become dvd-only releases, kind of how the Oscars started only allowing "stars" to get up on stage to accept their awards.  More exclusivity and higher barriers.  I'm pretty pissed at Soderberg over this.