T3

Started by modage, July 01, 2003, 10:27:02 PM

Fernando

I must say that I haven't seen the film yet but from what I read here and seen in the trailers, particularly the trailers, the first thing that bothered me was the cinematography (as some of you already pointed), it looked like an episode of Walker, Tx. Ranger, but the most shocking fact for me is not that Stahl is already signed for another two but the budget, according to Box Office Mojo it was  $200m I know Arnold received a $30m paycheck, but where the hell went the rest?!?!, they yet have $170m to spend, anyway, I'll see it but with very low expectations.

bonanzataz

Quote from: The IdiotOf course, we all know Kristanna Loken is worth the price of admission alone.

wouldn't go that far. it's rated R and they don't even show her boobs.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Pwaybloe

Yeah, but you get to see her butt.  Well, for a split second.

Pas

The high budget is simply because they try to use CGI the less they could. Like, instead of an animated exploding building, they built the thing and destroyed it. That's really cool, when you forget the fact that some people are homeless.

pete

just saw it, and it was as bad as everyone said it would be, glad I didn't pay for it.  laughed outloud at several lines, esp: "This is my father's plane, I trained on it".  it was wonderful.
but aside from the unintentional humour, I did laugh at some of the comedy in there.  it should've gone more in that direction, kidding itself, 'cause you know, if you're laughing at yourself then people who laugh at you would be laughing with you or some shite like that.  I wouldn't've minded had it been a stupid comedy with some cool action sequences and s/fx.  Sadly, most of the film was just like, a big Q&A session.  The mere idea of a sequel after everything was destroyed in t2 was pretty problematic.  So in this film they just had their human characters asking all the questions about the film's own plotholes, then having T3 make up some more shit to cover up those holes.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

©brad

bah. lame.

product placement is funny. i luved the part at the beginning when she steals the car, and the cop goes "Hey-you! In-the-silver-lexus-with -the twin-turbo-V8-with-heated-leather-seats-and-a-custom-Bose-surround-stereo-that-you-can-lease-at-any-local-Lexus-dealership-with-no-downpayment-and-no-APR-for-36months-for-only-$399-per-month, pull over!!" hahaha.

what might have salvaged this piece, which by the way felt like an unworthy, straight-to-video successor of the far superior T2, was the return of the original kid, eddie furlong. where is that skinny bitch, still in rehab? u see thats what really made t2 so great and sad at the end was that relationship, but it doesn't really happen here.

and the classic t2 score isn't there.  :(

anyway, im over it. wasnt expecting much anyhow. so far this summer, no movie has come close to the matrix for me. hulk was a surprisingly good movie. still have sum more to see (i really wanted to see 28 days tonight but my friends just had to see the terminator, asses).

best line of the movie
just die u bitch!!

hahaha.

MacGuffin

Should have just paid Cameron whatever he wanted to get him back.

I was disappointed. I love the first two films. But this one doesn't appreciate it's characters. The T-100 should not be laughed at. And the T-X never came off as menacing, more like 'cool'. When she gets pulled over: "I like your gun." CUT TO: next scene. Missed opportunity to show more, as well as other missed ideas. *SPOILERS* When the T-X reprograms the T-100, wouldn't it have been great to have that model come full circle and become a human killing machine again? *END SPOILERS* The action seemed like it followed, or was 'paying homage to', the second film in copying some shots. In the end, it was just okay (there are some good aspects, like the bathroom fight), but it's a big letdown when compared to the first two.

Side note: The cemetery is basically my back yard; about a block away.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

Yeah, I finally saw this today and what shit this is to be called Terminator.  They really turned what was a couple of great movies into a shitty Sci-Fi Horror Comedy.

I saw this then went home and watched the pilot episode fot the Incredible Hulk.  They were both of equal quality.

This is like they made a high budget made-for-tv movie.  

The only thing I'll give it is the truck chase at the begining... lots of good destruction... heads downhill from there.

Suspension of disbelief never happened once... I had accepted the end of the world/war of the machines/ time-travel shit because of the first two, but everything this one did just came off as ridiculous.

Bad story, BAAAAAD dialogue and just rather boring... enough with the jokes too... my lord!

Robert Patrick would have kicked that chick's ass in two seconds and the Arnold from the first two (not the pussy version that's in this one) could have easily taken her too.

©brad

Quote from: MacGuffin

could i puuleeeease move into ur basement when i graduate? im a good rommate, altho i can't cook for shit.

MacGuffin

Quote from: ©brad
Quote from: MacGuffin
could i puuleeeease move into ur basement when i graduate? im a good rommate, altho i can't cook for shit.

Another side note: About another block away from a Richard Ramirez/Night Stalker murder. Those were some scary "Summer Of Sam"-like times.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

yikes. well uhh... how much would rent be again?

Pubrick

u'll hav to share the room with his gimp.

under the paving stones.

oakmanc234

I thought it was okay. A cool action flick, nothing more. It provided a fun night at the flicks and Arnold proved that he is still the fuckin' man. I liked seeing Nick Stahl in it as John but it really should've had Furlong (that 'catching up' scene was a prime example of why). There was no real emotional depth to it as its pretty much one giant chase/action sequence but it had its own touches of magic. SPOILER: I liked the final shot, the terminators eye light finally turning off. The action wasn't as phenomenal as in 'T2' but it did seem like there was more destruction, real destruction and carnage which you don't see much of in this CGI era. The crane scene and bathroom fight were definate highlights. The film ended on a down note, which I actually liked.

'T3' is not a brilliant film and it really wasn't worth the wait (at all) but I'm happy with it. Its dissapointing as fuck but it made me chuckle and it was great eye candy. It isn't a bad sequel, and thats probably enough.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

modage

www.darkhorizons.com  

"T4 is essentially a go picture. Figures for T3 weren't fantastic, but still quite good. Very good. The entire cast has signed for another one. I believe there's a plan for Arnold to do this and King Conan back to back - but the latter film still has a question mark over its head. Depending on how the Wachowski's do with "Matrix 3", it mightn't be happening yet".
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

budgie

Quote from: themodernage02who better to play someone as unsympathetic as possible than old nick stahl.  could there be an uglier more uncharismatic actor working today?  

I just kept thinking how he looked like PTA.

Personally I think he was kinda cute (in a PTA kinda beardy way), though his eyes are slightly too far apart. I don't know whether he could hold the next movie though.

I wasn't expecting T3 to be anything other than funny really. If Arnie was gonna be in it there's no way it could be anything else. I would think what follows is more likely to pick up where T2 left off.

I just giggled hysterically all the way through the truck chase, it was fantastic, and worth sitting through the slow bits, when I wandered off. I couldn't understand why no one else was laughing (except my mate, but she was laughing at the idea of boys and their toys, while I of course was not: for me it was a properly executed piece of excess culminating in Arnie's face smashing against whatever). It was fun, though another shocking piece of fatalism. Things aren't really so bad are they?