Brüno

Started by MacGuffin, May 23, 2007, 11:57:48 AM

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

lulz. Eminem can dish it but he can't take it.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Neil

He can't take it unless it's Hallucinogens, prescription pills, or NyQuil...
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

Quote from: modage on June 01, 2009, 09:24:05 AM
staged.

Not on Eminem's part. I'm sure Bruno and MTV staged it but no way does Eminen agree to that.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

RegularKarate

Quote from: modage on June 01, 2009, 09:24:05 AM
staged.

Nope... it has pretty much been confirmed that the drop was totally intentional, but Eminem did not know that was going to happen.  He's WAY too homophobic and concerned with his image to be a part of that.

pete

it's staged; no way you just let someone land on you like that, amidst all your boys as well.  he played his part well.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

modage

yeah after the triumph thing there's no way mtv would do this to him again without him being 'in' on the joke.  and he is the WORST so i can't let this pass.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Alexandro

it could be he was in on it but didn't agreed to have bruno's ass and balls on his face, you know?

pete

you don't just land like that on somebody unless it was coordinated.  try it.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Stefen

I'm going to go do a test run with a friend of mine. I'll report back with results.

EDIT: It's possible.

©brad

Regardless of whether Eminem was in on it or not, he still comes off like an ass. It would have been funny had he just sat there and did nothing, or sat there and smiled, or maybe even smacked a cheek or two. But to call Bruno a motherfucker and storm off like that, how does that help him? The thing I always somewhat admired about Eminem was his willingness to make fun of himself, but here he just comes off as a homophobic prick who can't take a joke.

Stefen

Eminem sucks. His new album and persona sucks. There was a point between Eminem Show and 8 Mile where it looked like he was on his way to being a certified legendary musician. Lose Yourself is one of the best songs of the decade, but he made a choice that selling songs about how much he hates his mom to little teeny boppers is more important than personal integrity.

Fuck him. Couldn't have happened to a nicer dude.

JG

dudes, he's a performer! its a show!