TOP TEN - 2003!!!!!

Started by bonanzataz, December 28, 2003, 07:15:25 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: 1976actually...it's because I made them all up.

Hahaha... that was brilliant.

I'd pay to see "Time Takes a Cigarette"

cine

And it's Hollywood sequel would be "Time Takes a Holiday."

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

GoneSavage

Time takes a Cigarette - David Bowie reference right?

bonanzataz

Quote from: Pby the end of the year everyone will agree 2003 was the first great movie year of the 2000s.

man, you were way off.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

NEON MERCURY

......of what i have seen.....

one-21 grams
two-return of the king
three-mystic river
four-kill bill vol I
five-finding nemo
six-united
seven-reloaded
eight-lost in translation
nine-???  .. i forgot.....
ten-?????????...i forgot.....

Pubrick

Quote from: taz.
Quote from: Pby the end of the year everyone will agree 2003 was the first great movie year of the 2000s.

man, you were way off.
i said that back when Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was scheduled for this year. and when revolutions sounded like a good idea. and when we weren't sure if Kill Bill would be two films or one. all in all, i'd say it was ok, the best year of the millenium so far.
under the paving stones.

Gloria

keep in mind I haven't seen a lot of the movies I've been meaning to:

Lost in Translation
X2
Finding Nemo
Kill Bill vol. 1
Narc (I dunno when it was released, but I saw it in theaters early 2003)
Matchstick Men
Love Actually
Intolerable Cruelty
Bruce Almighty
Pirates of the Caribbean

pete

I think it had the same number of good movies as any other year, so far.  but what about 2001?  the royal tenenbaums came out that year.  so did battle royale, amelie, waking life, donnie darko, muholland drive, memento, ghost world, a beautiful mind, shaolin soccer, in the mood for love, apocalypse now redux, first lord of the rings, amores perros, man who wasn't there, and I dunno what foreign films I'm leaving out.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

cine

2003 has been the best year of the 2000's. End of story.

NEON MERCURY

::stares at a melitng ice cube in his cup::

actually .....the best year will be 2007......its allways the repitition of the number seven.....

starting from the 1900's............

1907-1917-1927-1937-1947-1957-1967-1977-1987-1997-2007.......

pete

Quote from: Cinephile2003 has been the best year of the 2000's. End of story.

no way, dude.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pubrick

Quote from: pete
Quote from: Cinephile2003 has been the best year of the 2000's. End of story.

no way, dude.
way!
under the paving stones.

Ghostboy

I personally think it has. Or maybe it's as good as 2001, but the quality has been evenly spread out. I look at all the movies that didn't make my top ten list but came close...Man On The Train, Whale Rider, Finding Nemo, Raising Victor Vargas, Irreversible, Bad Santa, Big Fish, X2, The Fog Of War, etc....and that's excluding most of the popcorn movies I had a blast at, like Pirates Of The Carribbean....just a whole lot of goodness, all around.