Who are you favorite movie heroes?

Started by El Duderino, March 14, 2004, 12:11:10 PM

El Duderino

sorry, i had to steal the idea from Karte, and i could find it anywhere, so redirect me if needbe.

so who are your favorite movie heroes?
mine are:
Frances McDormand in Fargo
Russel Crowe in Gladiator
Russel Crowe/Guy Pearce in LA Confidential
Uma Thurman in Kill Bill

that's all i got now, tell me yours
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

grand theft sparrow

MacGuffin

Indiana Jones - "Indiana Jones" Trilogy
Ash - "Evil Dead" Trilogy
Neo, Morpheus & Trinity - "Matrix" Trilogy
Ripley - "Alien" & "Aliens"
John McClaine - "Die Hard" Trilogy
Luke Skywalker - "Star Wars: Episodes 4-6"
Snake Plissken - "Escape From New York"
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Quote from: MacGuffinIndiana Jones - "Indiana Jones" Trilogy
Ash - "Evil Dead" Trilogy
Neo, Morpheus & Trinity - "Matrix" Trilogy
Ripley - "Alien" & "Aliens"
John McClaine - "Die Hard" Trilogy
Luke Skywalker - "Star Wars: Episodes 4-6"
Snake Plissken - "Escape From New York"
you win.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pas

It's all about John Matrix in Commando

Matrix: Remember, Sully, when I promised to kill you last?
Sully: That's right, Matrix. You did.
Matrix: I lied.  

Ouhhhh ouh ouh

El Duderino

oh matrix.

i could watch that movie over and over again in shame

Redlum

Indiana Jones
Marty McFly
Dignan
Atticus Finch
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

El Duderino

Quote from: ®edlum
Atticus Finch

shit, i totally forgot about Atticus, i just watched  the movie like last week to. no one but gregory peck could play that part, IMO

Find Your Magali

Quote from: ®edlumIndiana Jones
Marty McFly
Dignan
Atticus Finch

I would pay a lot of money to see a movie whether those four guys sit around, drink and play poker.

NEON MERCURY

El Duderino

Dolph Lundgren....i cant get enough

Alethia

modage

Quote from: NEON MERCURYvaried things
i cant ever tell when anybodys being serious or sarcastic anymore.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SoNowThen

Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

cine