Black Swan

Started by Astrostic, January 18, 2007, 11:01:36 PM

Alexandro

Quote from: pete on February 22, 2011, 01:50:05 AM
I see entirely the opposite. the wrestler was the predictable one (maybe the trailer had something to do with it) and this, while not exactly strong in the plot department, was much more immersive and beautifully shot.

exactly.

the public is reacting because they care about nina, they get immersed because it feels like is life or death for her from the beginning. for the most part the audiences have been forgiving with the most ludicrous aspects of the third act here because in the end, it's exciting, and movies these days tend to be not only predictable but boring.

i just don't buy that any of you guys saw on a scene by scene basis how black swan was going to end.

SPOILS
So you knew she was going to die and after the show and that's predictable? I suppose that knowing this would prevent anyone from enjoying the film, obviously!
You knew she was going to turn literally into a swan? That Winona was be all crazy and shit in her last scene? That Nina was going to "kill" Mila Kunis and then find out it was herself?
Sure.

END OF SPOILS
the wrestler was very predictable from the start, and in that case, I could foresee every single moment of how it was going to develop after a certain point, and it lost and lost steam as it got close to the predictable ending. the wrestler is nothing compared to this. sorry.

RegularKarate

Bah... I don't care about the predictability of either of these movies.  I just feel that the simplicity of the Wrestler's script is more appealing and I actually felt something for the characters.  Meanwhile, Black Swan was more beautifully shot, for certain, but when I can't give a shit about the characters, I don't have much of a desire to come back.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

We're always ahead of the curve here. Go us.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Ravi

Quote from: Stefen on February 28, 2011, 05:46:58 PM
We're always ahead of the curve here. Go us.

Don't you mean "we're always ahead of the...scarf?"