Hellboy

Started by modage, November 12, 2003, 12:24:07 PM

El Duderino

that's a very misleading picture of Selma Blair, if you think about it, her character would never pose like that
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

meatball

modage

Quote from: meatballGuillermo spoils us with great DVDs.
Guillermo del Toro Made Hellboy with DVD in Mind
Source: The Hollywood Reporter Thursday, May 20, 2004

The Hollywood Reporter says Sony's Hellboy, to be released July 27 on a double-disc DVD, was made for the format, according to the disc's producer.

"From the very beginning, 'Hellboy' lent itself to DVD -- from the main character's prosthesis right hand ('the right hand of doom') to the superhero comic book cult nature of the film," said Javier Soto, a longtime "Hellboy" comic book fan.

The DVD bonus features highlight Soto's collaborations with the film's director, Guillermo del Toro, and "Hellboy" creator Mike Mignola.

Having the DVD in mind before shooting "Hellboy," del Toro had documentary camera crews on hand during the entire length of filming, and he also worked closely with Mignola on the look of the film and the subsequent DVD.

"Our goal was to track the production of 'Hellboy' from before the filming even had begun," Soto said. "In the 'Hellboy: Seeds of Creation' documentary on Disc 2 of the DVD, the viewer can witness the blossoming of the relationship between Mignola and del Toro and how everyone worked to make sure that the film was as true to the comic book version."

On Disc 1, viewers can choose to watch the movie in the "Right Hand of Doom" or "Branching DVD Comics" options. For the "Right Hand of Doom" option, Mignola created an icon for "Hellboy's" prosthetic right hand. When this icon appears onscreen during the film, viewers can select it for behind-the-scenes footage of that particular scene. In the "Branching DVD Comics" viewing option, whenever a new character is introduced into the film, an icon appears onscreen that leads to animations drawn by Mignola especially for the DVD, which allows viewers to see more of the back story of each character, Soto said.

Disc 2 includes a video introduction from actress Selma Blair, deleted scenes, character bios written by del Toro and multiangle storyboard comparisons.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Sleuth

No one's having any control problems for this one?
I like to hug dogs

Ravi

Continuing my tradition of seeing films at the dollar theater long after everyone else, I saw Hellboy yesterday.  It was good, but there wasn't much in it that bowled me over.  The opening with the Nazis was impressive, and the knife guy with the wind-up breastplate was menacing,  but I expected the film to be a little more spectacular.

Ravi

DVD Review

It might be worth buying just for the nearly 2 1/2 hour making-of documentary.

SiliasRuby

Source: Davisdvd.com
Hellboy Director's Cut
DVD Release Date:10/19/04
I'm getting this version.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection