Hellboy

Started by modage, November 12, 2003, 12:24:07 PM

El Duderino

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: El Duderinoand abe sounds just like david hyde pierce
if you're serious, its because it is.

wait...was he the actual person too...or just voice?
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

cine

Quote from: El Duderino
Just voice.

El Duderino

Quote from: Cinebunny
Quote from: El Duderino
Just voice.
good deal
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

MacGuffin

Hellboy director Guillermo del Toro is preparing 2 different versions of that film for DVD. The first will be a 2-disc set for the more casual fans of the film. Then, for the hard-core fans, there will be a longer version of the film (by about 20 minutes) as a 3-disc special edition. There will be very candid and in-depth material on that more elaborate version, consistent what the kind of material that appeared on his Blade II DVD - commentary, behind-the-scenes featurettes and the like. Look for the first version to possibly be released by Columbia TriStar in August, with the more elaborate version possibly arriving in December (exact dates are still TBA).
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SHAFTR

Ah, what a disappointment.
When the trailer first came out, I wasn't impressed.  Slowly, after reading more about the film, seeing more clips and finally watching Blade II, I was excited about the film.  
Sadly, this was my first opportunity to see the film.  I don't understand the praise.  Sure, Pearlman fit the physical bill of Hellboy, and he worked well (still, I don't understand the love for Pearlman, what else has he been in that has won so many of you over).  
The film had it's moments.  A lot of the character emphasis was well done, and some key scenes were great (mainly the rooftop scene, Abe and the "nacho" line).  The rest of the movie...was just not very engaging.  Every line was an attempted one-liner and only a handful worked.  I don't know, I'm just very disappointed.  I once again want to bring up my amazement that a film like this is critically praised and Daredevil was hated.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

analogzombie

Quote from: SHAFTRI once again want to bring up my amazement that a film like this is critically praised and Daredevil was hated.

for one thing when you make a comic book movie the villans have to be uber-cool. granted, Rasputin, and the Ilsa she wolf of the SS look-a-like blew, but clockwork nazi man was awesome. daredevil's villans were laughable.
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

Ghostboy

Quote from: SHAFTRI don't understand the love for Pearlman, what else has he been in that has won so many of you over

City Of Lost Children did it for me; after that, I was a fan for life.

phil marlowe

he is the mutated version of tom waits, how can you not love that?

modage

Ron Perlman Talks Hellboy 2
Source: About.com Thursday, April 15, 2004

About.com talked to Hellboy star Ron Perlman about the possible sequel. Here's a few clips...

What is the latest on that?
On Monday morning (April 5, 2004) I awoke to the news that "Hellboy 2" was going to be greenlit.

What can happen in "Hellboy 2?"
Everything that didn't happen in "Hellboy 1," and maybe a couple of things that did.

Are there specific villains out there you'd like to see introduced? Who are some of your favorites?
He comes from Hell and we haven't quite seen him there yet. So, who knows? I mean, Mike Mignola has provided us with chapters and chapters of possibilities in the comic book. I'll be the first one online to find out.

And will Guillermo del Toro and Selma Blair be returning as well?
Guillermo is key. I don't know anything beyond that. Selma, I would love to see. I would love to see everybody back. I'd love to see John Hurt back.

Have you heard that he may go to Hell?
I don't know. I don't know what Guillermo has got up his sleeves. I have faith – I know him – he's going to try to top this.

When do you start filming "Hellboy 2?"
Well they still have to write it so it's going to be a while.

Have they said anything about filming it next year and releasing it in 2006?
They better hurry because I'm getting old (laughing).
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

meatball

Daredevil was pretty bad . . .

Pwaybloe

STELLAAAAAAAAAAA!

indiana

i like hellboy. i wanted more. some thing was missing....... i don't know what. but some thing was missing in that movie.
peace
SONIC BOOM!

Raikus

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

MacGuffin

'Hellboy' summoned for sequel
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Helmer Guillermo del Toro and producers Lawrence Gordon, Mike Richardson and Lloyd Levin are all back on board for "Hellboy 2," the sequel to Revolution Studios' hit comic book feature.

Mike Mignola will develop the new story for "Hellboy 2" with del Toro. The feature film was based on Mignola's Dark Horse Entertainment television series.

" 'Hellboy' was a tremendously successful and unique project," Revolution partner Todd Garner said. "It was Guillermo's vision that brought the film to the marketplace, and we are delighted to be working with him again."

Fellow Revolution partner Tom Sherak said: "We are excited to be making the sequel to 'Hellboy' and to be bringing back the amazing creative team that made it so memorable. The film was made for a relatively low cost and has performed magnificently here in the U.S., and we look forward to it continuing its successful run internationally."

Released last month, "Hellboy" debuted at No. 1 at the boxoffice with a take of $23.2 million. The film is on track to exceed $60 million domestically. It also debuted in first place in all five international markets where it has already opened.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=3966&n=1&k=hellboy&burl=r%3D0%26g%3Dinfo%26s%3D1%26k%3Dhellboy

Title: Hellboy
Starring: Ron Perlman
Released: 27th July 2004
SRP: $28.95

Further Details
Columbia Tristar Home Entertainment have today announced the theatrical edition of Hellboy which stars Ron Perlman, Doug Jones, Selma Blair and John Hurt. This new Guillermo del Toro directed film will be available to own from the 27th July this year, and should set you back somewhere in the region of $28.95. I'm afraid we don't have details on the extra material yet, although we can tell you that the disc will include an anamorphic widescreen presentation and English Dolby Digital 5.1 track. We hope to bring you the full specs later today. For now though, here's our first look at the official artwork and menu system: