Starsky & Hutch

Started by IHeartPTA, August 22, 2003, 12:27:54 PM

Pubrick

yeah i'm sure that is real representative of what the actual movie is gonna be like.
under the paving stones.

SoNowThen

I watched this trailer 5 times this weekend...

If the actual movie is even half as good as the trailer looks, this could easily be the funniest movie of the year!!!

Ben Stiller's hair & posture + Vince Vaughn = fun movie
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Pubrick

Quote from: Pyeah i'm sure that is real representative of what the actual movie is gonna be like.
btw this was sarcasm.
under the paving stones.

slice

who knew the human face could be contorted to such extremes

picolas

but i make that exact face whenever i look to the right and nobody talks to me.

Bottle_Rocketeer

This movie will b cool. Wearing their guns shaving!  :lol:

RegularKarate

I just saw this tonight.  It's funny... It was a little better than what I was expecting.

It was pretty much as good as Zoolander... maybe Zoolander was a little better, but it's hard to tell after one viewing.

I would see it again on dvd, but I don't think I'd ever buy it.

Overall, I was scared it was gonna suck because there are so many funny people in it and that often spells disaster, but it didn't suck and was definitely worth shelling out eight bucks to see in the theater.

modage

i LOVE zoolander, so if this is close to as funny as that, its as much i can hope for.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Weak2ndAct

Don't think I should create a thread for a non-movie, so I guess this is the best place for it...

So Todd Philips says there's no Old School 2 anymore.  The details from CHUD:

Q: How about the rumors about an Old School 2?

Todd: No, we're not going to do Old School 2.  

Q: Why not?

Todd: I had a little fall-out with DreamWorks over this movie Eurotrip.  I felt like they really marketed it off of my two movies even though I had nothing to do with it and it looked like the worst movie ever, but somehow I got dragged into it and it made me crazy.  I said, 'If you do this, I won't do Old School 2.'  And they said, 'Well, this is business and we've got to worry about this movie right now.'  So, I said, 'All right.'

Q: It has a really similar plot to Road Trip...

Todd: Ah, I don't want to talk about it.  I didn't see it, I won't see it and it pissed me off, so I won't do business with them.  It's a bummer.

So it looks like we get no more further adventures of 'Frank the Tank.'  FUCK EUROTRIP! :evil:

A Matter Of Chance

Quote from: Weak2ndAct...it looked like the worst movie ever...

I kind of did think it looked pretty bad (eurotrip)

metroshane

Who gives a crap about Sam Jackson...he's pretty much the worst actor I've ever had the displeasure of seeing.

I'll take Ice Cube's "Doughboy" over anything I've ever seen Jackson do.  And no I don't believe Sam is a badass.
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

modage

Quote from: Weak2ndActTodd: 'If you do this, I won't do Old School 2.'  And they said, 'Well, this is business and we've got to worry about this movie right now.'  So, I said, 'All right.'

So it looks like we get no more further adventures of 'Frank the Tank.'  FUCK EUROTRIP! :evil:
haha, oh 2ndact.  how you forget.  todd phillips doesnt own the rights to shit.  the studio, whenever they are ready, will find some other hot upandcoming comedy director and make Old School 2 anyways!  they could take a big shit on todd phillips head, they dont care!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Fishbulb

I saw it last night and I didn't think it was that great. For all the funny people involved, it should have been a lot better than it was. Vince Vaughn's character wasn't that funny, and it even seemed in some scenes like the movie really wanted you to take him seriously as a villian. That was the main problem with the movie, the tone was all over the place. In some scenes it was a goofy comedy, and then in other scenes it was more of a straight action flick. I hate to break it to Todd Phillips, but I thought "Eurotrip" was a lot funnier than this movie, and I think most audiences are going to react the same way too. Maybe Phillips just isn't as funny when he makes a PG-13 movie- "Road Trip" and "Old School" were both R.

The best part of the movie was Ben Stiller reprising a character he used to do on his sketch show- the old Jewish guy who says "Do it. Do it"

coopxr

yeah exactly, i was let down by this. Road Trip and Old School were so god damn funny, but this hardly had me laughing. There were too many scenes  that had no laughes in them when there should have been. And yes...fuck Eurotrip...fuck them in their posing asses.

modage

Quote from: coopxryeah exactly, i was let down by this. Road Trip and Old School were so god damn funny, but this hardly had me laughing. There were too many scenes  that had no laughes in them when there should have been. And yes...fuck Eurotrip...fuck them in their posing asses.
did you like ZOOLANDER?