Starsky & Hutch

Started by IHeartPTA, August 22, 2003, 12:27:54 PM

modage

has anyone else seen this?

it looks like the funniest thing ever.  supposedly comes out this summer.

Dodgeball
Stars: Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, Christine Taylor
Plot: When the financial future of their favorite gym is threatened to be taken over by a national fitness franchise, a group of friends (led by Stiller) agree to compete as a dodgeball team at a "winner takes all" competition in Las Vegas against a team (led by Vaughn) that's the best the big corporation can buy.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pwaybloe

Stiller looks like one of those Cobra guys off "G.I. Joe."  Coobraaaa!

And, yes, I will preorder my tickets for this.

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

Sleepless

It's Owen Wilson for christsakes! The man's a legend!
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Just Withnail

I'm praying every night that Will Ferrell does another movie with Ben Stiller. Praying, man. Owen can come along too. The Time Of The Comedians has come

oakmanc234

'Old School' would've been way better had Stiller been in place of Luke Wilson. Stiller/Ferrel/Vaughn. Just a thought.....
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Just Withnail

Quote from: oakmanc234Stiller/Ferrel/Vaughn. Just a thought.....

Thought? More like a wet dream.

modage

Quote from: Withnail

no, more like this movie....

http://imdb.com/title/tt0196229/
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

pete

snoop is like Christopher Walken 2.0 now, it's like everytime you want a funny cameo/ co-star, you just call snoop.

but about sam jackson's comment, I think Ice Cube is a real actor.  He wrote Friday, which was a really funny movie, and was in Three Kings.  Sam's never written no funny movie and never really played any character outside "The Baddest Shittalking Motherfucker in the Entire Movie", even in arthouse pics like The Red Violin, and even when he sits in a wheelchair.

plus I don't really see how necessarily better it is to lend credibility of colin farrel or vin diesel.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Just Withnail

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: Withnail

no, more like this movie....

http://imdb.com/title/tt0196229/

Of course :oops:

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SHAFTR

I saw a movie poster of this at the theatre and I'm very excited.  I hope it goes for the 70s look and shoots for the R.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

MacGuffin

Official Trailer in Quicktime:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

this movie will be hilarious.  the narrator and standard cutting in the trailer try to make it look terrible, but its ultimate funniness shines through regardless.

Pedro

i think the narration actually works.  goes with the whole 70s look and feel.