What did you think of Matrix Reloaded?

Started by Ghostboy, May 12, 2003, 02:23:29 PM

Victor

Quote from: picolas:roll: ..spoilers...

while everything seems to keep coming closer and closer into focus in my mind, one thing i have yet to understand is why the Matrix would allow for Zion to keep rebuilding itself in the first place...

"without purpose, what reason is there to exist?"

the machines only purpose was overtaking the humans, to build up a civilization only to take them over and destroy them, to "become more and more efficient what they do".
are you gonna eat with us too?

Ghostboy

Quote from: DirkDid the sex scene remind anyone else of "Slave 4 U" by Britney Spears?  :?

Yeah, good point! But that's the one Britney Spears song that I think is actually really good, so it's a good thing.

I liked the whole sequence, but it went on a little too long. But it was a good demonstration of humanity at it's least machine-like.

Sleuth

Did anybody find any "gaping plot holes" in this one?
I like to hug dogs

USTopGun47

Ahahah...nice Britney Spears analogy.   :-D   But honestly.... wasn't the sex scene a little... generic? I just don't know with those flashes to the feet ...
I'm somebody now, Harry. Everybody likes me. Soon, millions of people will see me and they'll all like me. I'll tell them about you, and your father, how good he was to us. Remember? It's a reason to get up in the morning. It's a reason to lose weight, to fit in the red dress. It's a reason to smile. It makes tomorrow all right. What have I got Harry, hm? Why should I even make the bed, or wash the dishes? I do them, but why should I? I'm alone. Your father's gone, you're gone. I got no one to care for. What have I got, Harry? I'm lonely. I'm old.

picolas

Quote from: Lester
Quote from: picolas:roll: ..spoilers...

while everything seems to keep coming closer and closer into focus in my mind, one thing i have yet to understand is why the Matrix would allow for Zion to keep rebuilding itself in the first place...

"without purpose, what reason is there to exist?"

the machines only purpose was overtaking the humans, to build up a civilization only to take them over and destroy them, to "become more and more efficient what they do".

mm...not quite buying it. if they just destroyed Zion and left it that way, they'd win. they'd have the power supply, and nothing to stop them from using the world as their playground or whatever...and i'm not so sure about Sentinels needing a reason to exist...who're you quoting, there?

Sleuth

He's quoting the Architect who said that each time they attack Zion, they become more efficient at it.  But I don't know about that giving them purpose either

maybe we'll know in Revolutions
I like to hug dogs

sphinx

this is how i understand it

zion is necessary because the 1% of the people who choose not to accept the matrix need somewhere to go.  if they forced everyone to accept the matrix, then it wouldn't work.  those anomalies form a zion, and the anomaly known as 'the one' has a piece of code in him that needs to return to the source, the architect refers to this as the 'prime program'.  i believe the action of returning the prime program to the source is the reason for the one to exist.  this is also the reason why the machines decide not to kill the 1% who don't accept, because they need them to deliver the one, who carries the prime program.

Sleuth

Okay, so the rebels are needed to bring the anomaly (Neo) to the computer mainframe.  Makes sense to me
I like to hug dogs

sphinx

watch that 'understanding' be completly demolished in the next movie.

RegularKarate

Good to see the pics back, Sphinx.

I'm liking this theory more than the whole Matrix inside a Matrix.
It sounds to me that Neo is like a beta tester for each new version of the Matrix...  

Though it seems that the Matrix inside a Matrix theory is supported by the part about giving the inhabitants choices... the choice in the members of Zion's case would be the red pill/blue pill decision.

Anyway, I hope it's more complicated.

Banky

Quote from: RegularKarateSPOILERS

I would buy that the real world that they are in at the end of the movie is a part of the matrix... maybe a clone of the real world... but just at the end... not that it's been like that the whole time.  Neo says something like:  "something's different, I can feel them now" suggesting that it wasn't like that before.

very cool idea

picolas

Quote from: sphinxthis is how i understand it

zion is necessary because the 1% of the people who choose not to accept the matrix need somewhere to go. if they forced everyone to accept the matrix, then it wouldn't work.  those anomalies form a zion, and the anomaly known as 'the one' has a piece of code in him that needs to return to the source, the architect refers to this as the 'prime program'.  i believe the action of returning the prime program to the source is the reason for the one to exist.  this is also the reason why the machines decide not to kill the 1% who don't accept, because they need them to deliver the one, who carries the prime program.

yeah. i got that Neo's existence is only to deliver the "prime program" to the "source," but why? my theory is starting to become that The Matrix needs to be reset every so often because if it isn't, the whole war against the machines business will repeat itself inside the Matrix...or maybe it just needs an upgrade...hmm...so Zion's there because the One can only realize itself when presented with the other reality...hoo boy...

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffinLook what I found
Quote from: sphinxpicture
Quote from: godardianThank you, sirs. You have made my day.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

sphinx