blacktino

Started by Kal, July 11, 2010, 10:56:02 PM

Kal

Hey kids,

Just wanted to share with all of you that I'm producing a new movie, which starts shooting tomorrow in Austin, TX. I'm super excited!

"blacktino" is a dark teen comedy about an overweight half-black, half-latino nerd named Stefan Daily. He was raised by his black grandmother in a medium sized suburb of Austin, TX. Struggling to find his place in a mostly white high school.

Stefan finds sanctuary among the eclectic mix of social outcasts in the school's Theatre Department. In the tradition of the great teen comedies of the last thirty years "blacktino" will ensure that the torch of "teen angst" continues to burn bright.

Cast: Austin Marshall, Devyn Ray, Tiger Sheu, Leon Washington, Denise Williamson, Bryan Jackson, Conrad Gonzales, Timeca Seretti, Danny Trejo, Jeff Fahey, Selma Pinkard and Daryl Sabara.

Writer/Director: Aaron Burns

http://www.blacktinomovie.com
http://www.facebook.com/blacktinomovie

matt35mm

I'm definitely interested in the film.  Sounds great.  I can definitely relate to bonding with the strange, strange people in the theater department.  The concept art up on Facebook is also fantastic.

P.S. I'm moving to Austin next week.  Perhaps you'll be way too busy, but if you've got any time, I'd like to meet up, grab a drink or something.  I love meeting XIXAXers!

Stefen

Good luck. I'll keep an eye on it. Sounds fun.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

OrHowILearnedTo

Lapidus!!! Awesome man, good luck!

Pubrick

Quote from: Stefen on July 12, 2010, 02:08:37 AM
Good luck. I'll keep an eye on it. Sounds fun.

Haha man aren't you gonna say anything about the fact that the main character is NAMED after you? And aren't you from Austin as well?

I always thought kal's obsession with you was a little funny but this is too far! Haha.. wow.
under the paving stones.

RegularKarate

Is THIS why Trejo is at the hotel in the building I work in? 

Sounds awesome, can't wait to hear more about it/ see people around town.

and Matt!  NEXT WEEK!?  Give me a ring! (yes, I have my PMs on Xixax set up to ring my phone)

and Stefen BETTER NOT be from Austin.

Kal

Trejo is always here, but he is not shooting his scenes for the movie yet.

Matt, RK, let's definitely meet up next week. You guys can come to set sometime if you're interested. I have to go to LA for a couple of days but should be back here mid-week.

Stefen

Quote from: RegularKarate on July 12, 2010, 01:19:52 PMand Stefen BETTER NOT be from Austin.

I'm not, but why's that?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Stefen on July 12, 2010, 02:34:45 PM
Quote from: RegularKarate on July 12, 2010, 01:19:52 PMand Stefen BETTER NOT be from Austin.

I'm not, but why's that?

If you lived here and we had never met up, I'd be hurt.

pete

I'll be there in september, anyone there in september?
alright then fuck you all.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Stefen

Quote from: RegularKarate on July 12, 2010, 02:44:26 PM
Quote from: Stefen on July 12, 2010, 02:34:45 PM

I'm not, but why's that?

If you lived here and we had never met up, I'd be hurt.

One of these days...

matt35mm

Kal, I'd love to visit the set sometime!  Thanks!  It'd be great if we could all meet up, definitely.  I aim to get there on Tuesday, and I'll keep in touch as to my availability (gotta take care of some stuff right away and then start the job hunt).

RK, I will PM you my contact info.

Pete, I'll see you in September.

Stefan, I'll see you in a few days.

I will see everyone.

Kal

We just got another actress on board. I like her but she is not a Xixax favorite. She'll be perfect for this though...

Pubrick

Quote from: kal on July 13, 2010, 09:52:19 AMI like her but she is not a Xixax favorite. She'll be perfect for this though...

I'm sure Jacki Lynn will give an inspired performance..
under the paving stones.

polkablues

You just shook my soul.
My house, my rules, my coffee