blacktino

Started by Kal, July 11, 2010, 10:56:02 PM

Kal

So... not sure if anyone here ended up going to SX or any of our screeners (local Austinites?)...

but our Opening Night Premiere was awesome... big ass line 2 blocks outside the Paramount Theatre, 1200 people, sold out.

Mixed reviews, but nothing terrible, and overall people seem to like it a lot. We'll see what happens...

Gamblour.

DUDE. I was at SXSW, but working the trade show floor, and so busy I didn't get to see any films at all. I really wanted to see yours, but I did find an afro pick with a black power fist on it in Blacktino packaging! Great viral marketing.
WWPTAD?

Ravi

Any chance it will play in Dallas? I couldn't make it down to SxSW.

matt35mm

Quote from: Gamblour. on March 22, 2011, 12:28:03 PM
DUDE. I was at SXSW, but working the trade show floor, and so busy I didn't get to see any films at all. I really wanted to see yours, but I did find an afro pick with a black power fist on it in Blacktino packaging! Great viral marketing.

You were at SXSW and you didn't hit me up? FOR SHAME GAMBLOUR.

I did see Blacktino. It was incredibly well produced and I think it'll do a good job of being a crowd-pleaser as it goes onto other fests. So I definitely want to congratulate you and everyone involved in putting this together. I feel like I have to say, though, that I didn't like the film. Part of it was that this kind of movie just isn't the sort of thing that I enjoy, and part of it is that I was ultimately disappointed in the creative content and the film's general message about race, but I still sincerely feel that it's an extraordinary accomplishment from a production value standpoint, and I do think that a lot of people will love the movie and that it will find some success.

Gamblour.

Quote from: matt35mm on March 22, 2011, 07:50:31 PM
Quote from: Gamblour. on March 22, 2011, 12:28:03 PM

You were at SXSW and you didn't hit me up? FOR SHAME GAMBLOUR.

Haha, I know. I forgot you live in Austin, but I was literally so busy that I had no time for anything but working. I didn't see a single movie! (was there for Interactive) Trust me, next year I am going to come just for the film portion, and meet up with you guys (and hopefully a film I just worked on will be there so I can support it, too)
WWPTAD?

Kal

Yeah Gamblour, you gotta let people know I walked around that trade show a couple times.

Thanks RK. Appreciate that you saw it and you're allowed to not like it :) What exactly didn't you like about the race message? Ayn Rand? I think that is the best part of it, and how ironic it all is and exaggerated on purpose during the movie. It's supposed to be like that.

We're definitely going to a few other festivals, as well as talking with distributors so I'll keep everyone posted on when you can see the film next.

Pubrick

Quote from: kal on March 22, 2011, 11:21:46 PM
Thanks RK. Appreciate that you saw it

That was matt35mm, not RK.
under the paving stones.

RegularKarate

I did see the movie though.  I feel about the same as Matt.  There's definitely an audience for it, I just don't think I'm part of that audience.
I still think you did a great job and wish you nothing but success.

Gamblour.

Yeah Gamblour, you gotta let people know I walked around that trade show a couple times.

Did you happen to see the CNN iReport booth? It was just to the right of that Matrix photo booth that Chevy had. I was working that booth.
WWPTAD?

Kal

Quote from: P on March 23, 2011, 07:25:28 AM
Thanks RK. Appreciate that you saw it

That was matt35mm, not RK.

Haha fuck, I must have been dreaming about RK again...

Kal

Quote from: Gamblour. on March 23, 2011, 11:51:03 AM

Did you happen to see the CNN iReport booth? It was just to the right of that Matrix photo booth that Chevy had. I was working that booth.

I did see it, I was standing by CNN for like an hour one day talking to one of the chicks of GoLocal.

Reel

New Trailer:

I wanna see this pretty bad.

Kal

The movie is now available on iTunes! You should all watch it!

And anyone registered on IMDb please go and give it a good rating (assuming that you liked it). The haters are always the most vocal ones and they are bringing the rating down.