Red State

Started by mogwai, January 01, 2011, 01:11:03 PM

mogwai

Official teaser trailer for Red State:

Reel

NO WAY :shock: Kevin Smith getting dark and visual? Trying to win Oscars?

polkablues

There's no way Kevin Smith directed that. The camera moves!
My house, my rules, my coffee

SiliasRuby

I've been looking forward to this for quite a while. This film will either be a masterpiece or pretentious or (fingers crossed) both.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

modage

It will be neither.  It will still be a Kevin Smith movie. 

Synopsis: Three horny high-school boys come across an online ad from an older woman looking for a gang bang. Boys being boys, they hit the road to satisfy their libidinal urges. But what begins as a fantasy takes a dark turn as they come face-to-face with a terrifying "holy" force with a fatal agenda.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Reel

as it should be. I don't really care which direction it goes, I just hope its scary.

mogwai

Thanks Modage, now I don't even have to see this movie. Phew!

socketlevel

good for smith if he broke outta the mold. i hope this movie is as good as the trailer.

you know, considering how cop out was shot, i could totally see him testing out the visual style for this film.
the one last hit that spent you...

diggler

wow, that final dolly shot... as much of a joke as Kevin Smith has become over the years, it would be hilarious if this turned out to be great.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Alexandro

Quote from: ddiggler on January 02, 2011, 10:15:05 AM
wow, that final dolly shot... as much of a joke as Kevin Smith has become over the years, it would be hilarious if this turned out to be great.

there's a shot before the title card that looks pretty close to the one in magnolia where tenant's son jumps from the building.

Reel

a lot of it reminds me of stuff Rob Zombie would do. In other words, Smith's moving up in the World!

Neil

The title, "red state" is pretty fucking silly in this context, but this is definitely something of the box for mr. Smith compared to the rest of his work.

What are some other trailers that use a Capella for music, if that is even the proper term for that?

Edit: fuck an i pad
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Jeremy Blackman

Because Kevin Smith put his Twitter handle in this trailer, I will not see this movie.

socketlevel

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on July 27, 2011, 05:29:22 PM
Because Kevin Smith put his Twitter handle in this trailer, I will not see this movie.

I will see this, however i felt that same sentiment. Also, and gun in a bible... seriously...
the one last hit that spent you...