Hopes and fears for Fall

Started by SoNowThen, September 08, 2003, 12:50:35 PM

Ravi

This is why I always bring a gun to the theater.  If someone yacks too much, I splatter his brains up onto the screen as a warning to the other customers to shut the fuck up.

pete

no need to worry about kill bill, as long as the MPAA hasn't cut too much out of the version I saw, it will rock every guy's world.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Ghostboy

I can't comprehend waiting to see movies on DVD. I have this insane instant gratification complex where I have to see movies (at least the ones I'm hyped about) as soon as humanly possible.

modage

Quote from: GhostboyI can't comprehend waiting to see movies on DVD. I have this insane instant gratification complex where I have to see movies (at least the ones I'm hyped about) as soon as humanly possible.

yes, me too. i have a severe severe opening day complex.  i MUST be there for all movies that i care about.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Sleuth

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: GhostboyI can't comprehend waiting to see movies on DVD. I have this insane instant gratification complex where I have to see movies (at least the ones I'm hyped about) as soon as humanly possible.

yes, me too. i have a severe severe opening day complex.  i MUST be there for all movies that i care about.

United we stand!
I like to hug dogs

NEON MERCURY

..Hopes:::::::..21 Grams-Cabin Fever-Return of the King-Gothika-Once Upon a Time in Mexico-Mystic River

..Fears:::::::..Matrix Revolutions-Intolerable Cruelty-Cold Creek Manor

...i don't mind the wait for dvd though.....just a little patience..yeah...yeah...

SoNowThen

Quote from: RaviThis is why I always bring a gun to the theater.  If someone yacks too much, I splatter his brains up onto the screen as a warning to the other customers to shut the fuck up.

That reminds me of Richard Rush's story about screening The Stuntman for the studio guys, and he rigged squibs to the editor, and when the editor suggested a few changes, Richard blew him away. Needless to say, the suits were fucking freaked...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.