Script format,printing,cover??

Started by prophet, July 14, 2003, 04:08:13 PM

TheVoiceOfNick

Screen direction is usually used for the shooting script, not the drafts. Of course, if you're a writer/director, then you already have a clear vision of what you want, so you can add the screen direction if you'd like.

Nick

Xixax

This conversation makes me laugh for some reason.

I mean, let's face it. If a script eats balls, we're talking about polishing turds here, aren't we?

I dunno. Seems like to me the font and type size would be the last thing in the world I'd be concerned about when it comes to writing a screnplay.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

mindfuck

True, but the fact remains that people won't read your screenplay if it is formatted incorrectly. So, yeah, it really should be the last thing you worry about.

prophet

LaserJet or Bubble Jet for print?
We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

ono

I think that's the least of your worries.  ;)

prophet

im that way i worry about the small things thats the way im in real life.
We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: prophetim that way i worry about the small things thats the way im in real life.

God help us.  :P

Nick

prophet

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

markums2k

Quote from: prophetis it ok to use camera direction if you are going to be directing this movie?

Don't waste your time.

Actually, you'll want to visit www.wordplayer.com and read THE COLUMNS if you're serious about writing a screenplay.  That stuff is gold, and has really helped me get to a place where I'm happy with my writing.  There's also scripts available.

Also, somebody has posted links to PTA's scripts somewhere on this board.  Not hard to guess where.  If you're going to do it like him, you'll probably want to READ one of his screenplays, you know? :roll:

EDIT: Final Draft will put an end to your format worries.  And Bubblejet vs. Laserjet?  Text will look exactly the fucking same no matter which you use.  People used to use typewriters.  Do you know what those are?

mutinyco

It's usually a bad idea to include shot directions. Some people like reading them -- but most people don't. They want to be able to easily read your script for the story and characters. Try to write with a lot of visual information, but don't get specific on shots. You probably won't wind up using them anyhow. Write it first, then go and storyboard it or draw up a shot list. Keep the writing and visualizing separate. Consider one a rewrite of the other.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

mindfuck

One thing I like to do with Final Draft is use ScriptNotes to put in shot direction that I think of as I write. I tend to be a very visual writer so I'm always picturing the shot and camera movement as I write a scene. Rather than include it in the screenplay I'll just drop in a script note briefly noting my thoughts.