Green Lantern (not the gondry)

Started by MacGuffin, October 28, 2007, 11:42:18 PM

modage

"I'm getting too old for this shit" - The Danny Glovers, Lethal Weaponry
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

'Green Lantern' posters come together very nicely (pic)
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Following Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment's lukewarm unveiling of "Green Lantern," Warners has pulled the curtain up on the first images for its poster campaign.

And it's not too shabby. Not too shabby at all.

The poster comprises four elements in total that come together in words (the taglines are from the famous Lantern oath) and picture (the make up a double shot of the famous lantern logo). And in some way they reveal to us more than the Con panel did; we actually see how Mark Strong looks like as Sinestro and how messed up Peter Sarsgaard is as Hector Hammond.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

matt35mm

Yes, it's shabby.  Shabby and confusing if you were to just see, say, the lower left one on its own somewhere.  But mostly, it's ugly.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

I wasn't sure there could be a comic book movie that I gave a shit about less than Thor, but here we are.
My house, my rules, my coffee

RegularKarate

It's so strange how much my feelings on this have changed.

To me, this is a complete wildcard this Summer.  At first, I was laughing at how bad the movie looked and now I'm applauding it for wearing its goofiness on its sleeve.  It's so colorful and the aliens look so dumb, but its flaunting all that.

I'm in.

(fuck Thor)