Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Started by MacGuffin, September 27, 2007, 01:48:37 AM

squints

spoiler? who gives a fuck

this was the best part:

I am already incredibly sick of this movie, and I'm just typing questions about it. Sam resurrects Optimus, Optimus kills the Fallen, end of story, right?
Pretty close. Sam dies, though.

Really?
Yeah, for a little while. But then the Transformers in heaven send him back because he still has work to do.

Fuck you.

I'm serious.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

RegularKarate

I'm a big fan of the simple:  Michael Bay does not understand what a robot is.

john

Quote from: pete on July 13, 2009, 12:01:40 PM
http://www.toplessrobot.com/2009/06/bonus_robs_transformers_2_faqs.php?page=1

This is the very first thing I've read that makes almost want to pay cash money and sit in the theater and watch this movie. Almost.

In my mind, the ridiculousness and aggressively thick-headed idiocy this movie displays seems too incredulous to even exist. But I remind myself that the novelty of such probably wears off within twenty minutes... leaving me watching Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen... bored and ashamed of myself.
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

hedwig

yeah, just wait for the youtube highlight reel.

pete

Quote from: RegularKarate on July 13, 2009, 05:48:43 PM
Michael Bay does not understand what a robot is.

that needs to be like a marquee and we need to invite that guy to our board.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

matt35mm

I haven't seen this movie, but I did just re-watch the episode of The Simpsons where Marge does the musical version of A Streetcar Named Desire.  When Bart hears about it, he asks Marge, "Are there any jive-talking robots in it?"

This episode originally aired in 1992, so I submit to you that The Simpsons is about 17 years ahead of its time.  Well, was.

MacGuffin

What's strange is that the film is so longwinded, and yet, you never seem to have a enough time with the characters, or the machines themselves to get a sense of fun. The film goes on a long while before you realize that you haven't seen Bumblebee in that amount of time. The intricate plot and convoluted story wins over what made the first one somewhat enjoyable. There's a lot that could have been cut (not just scenes, but entire characters), but even then it seems like the film would have still remained boring.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks