WALL• E

Started by MacGuffin, January 17, 2007, 06:31:21 PM

squints

SUPER CUTE!

seriously though, this looks grand
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Pubrick

Quote from: overmeunderyou on December 17, 2007, 08:30:32 PM
I'll admit, the cgi is just fantastic.

that's just about the safest thing anyone could say.

the CGI is obviously the most beautiful thing that has ever happened in history of cinema, and will likely redefine what it means to be human, that's not something you hav to "admit" like some kinda forced confession.

innocuous comment. great trailer.
under the paving stones.

polkablues

This both warms my heart and wets my pants.  After spending only two and a half minutes with him, I would follow this character to the ends of the earth (the universe, even!).  Everything Pixar has done before this has just been practice.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Gold Trumpet

I've never had a trailer get me to tear up, but these trailers are getting me very emotional. I'm more worried about this movie not living up to expectations than I am There Will be Blood. I can appreciate an ambitious art film trying to do new things but not living up to expectation, but the last thing I want is for this movie to take a great premise and then make it pander to kids by the end. It almost is heartbreaking to think about the idea.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

grand theft sparrow

I hate getting myself all excited over stuff like this.  But Cars aside, Pixar has exceeded my expectations with every film from Toy Story 2 on.  They make the best trailers because they don't (have to) bullshit us.  They show us exactly what to expect, never promise anything different, and save the best stuff for the movie itself.  Hands down, the best marketing team in the entertainment business. 

last days of gerry the elephant

Quote from: Pubrick on December 17, 2007, 11:40:07 PM
Quote from: overmeunderyou on December 17, 2007, 08:30:32 PM
I'll admit, the cgi is just fantastic.
...that's not something you hav to "admit" like some kinda forced confession.

Well with the majority of people praising it as if it will be the next best thing since Toy Story, I felt compelled to make a comment that shares my feelings about it. I don't think we get to see the full extent of the storyline with these trailers but, the CGI is the most impressive and I can understand why anyone would be excited over it. There, that is all. It's not a "forced confession", it was just me trying to cope with all the hype.

Oh and I wouldn't go as far as to say Wall-E displays the best CGI in the history of cinema, I believe the Animatrix or Final Fantasy displayed CGI comparable to the quality of this one.

cine

whoa break it up you two!

lets go overme.. we'll make more jokes about him in the...facebook hideout.

MacGuffin

More Pixar pressed for THQ play
'Wall-E' video game to expand on movie's story line
Source: Hollywood Reporter

SAN DIEGO -- THQ said Thursday that it is developing a game based on the upcoming summer Disney/Pixar movie "Wall-E," continuing what has been a productive relationship between the gamemaker and film studio.

To date, THQ has shipped more than 35 million units of games based on Pixar films, including "The Incredibles," "Cars" and last year's "Ratatouille." The "Wall-E" game is being developed internally at THQ by Heavy Iron Studios for various platforms including the Microsoft Xbox 360, Sony's PlayStation 3 and PSP, Nintendo Wii and DS as well as PC and Mac.

Set to reach theaters June 27, "Wall-E" centers on a robot left to clean up the Earth who falls in love with another robot. THQ said the game will contain story lines and environments that expand on the movie's plot.

THQ senior vp global marketing Bob Aniello said the company plans to have "Wall-E" games on stores shelves about a week before the film opens to take advantage of the marketing and hype surrounding the movie. But he added that the real strength of titles based on the Pixar movies thus far has been a much longer shelf life.

"These games only do about 20% of their volume in their launch month," he said. "But they tend to spike again with the DVD release and again when the games become a greatest hits for the various platforms. So you actually get three marketing windows, and you have this longer tail than you see in traditional video game sales."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleepless

Anyone catch the superbowl spot? This movie is just too fucking adorable.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

grand theft sparrow

New Trailer here.

Never mind, they took it down.  :cry:  The trailer had more footage than we've seen before.  It was just amazing... fuckers.

MacGuffin

Quote from: hacksparrow on February 08, 2008, 12:03:33 PM
New Trailer here.

Never mind, they took it down.  :cry:  The trailer had more footage than we've seen before.  It was just amazing... fuckers.

Go

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks