The Invasion

Started by MacGuffin, September 21, 2005, 04:44:39 PM

picolas

hi-rez trailers

http://www.movie-list.com/trailers.php?id=invasion

i'm excited about this. pretty flawless trailer (aside from giving away so much). i think it's my pic for best trailer at the '08 xaxies right now.

Pozer

my vote goes to no country.

Just Withnail

That looked good. Haven't seen any of the others, those who have; how are they, how does this look compared?

Pubrick

i was gonna ask who has seen the others, cos i've only seen the 78 kaufman and it's one of the best underrated movies of that decade. oh and i think i've seen the tilly army one but i can't remember much.

this one is different cos it's mother and son, and it looks like it'll have a much stronger emotional core because of that. i recommend to anyone watching the trailer to not watch the last 10 seconds.. actually just watch enuff to understand the awesomeness of the premise. ha, and they show that stupid stunt where she got hurt.
under the paving stones.

bonanzataz

i grew up on the original. i pop it in once in a rainy day and still think it's a fantastic movie. i vaguely remember the meg tilly/gabrielle anwar (whatever happened to her) version and remember it being pretty good. always meant to see the 70's version, but never got around to it. i think it'd be hard to fuck up a concept like this, though. what i like about the remakes is that they never try to recreate the original characters, they only reuse the concept (unlike remakes like the omen, which i saw five minutes of and thought they just took the original script and attempted to make it shitty). i'm not annoyed by the fact that they're remaking this one, but i can't say that i'm particularly excited, either.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

looks like a dvd cover.

Kal

it will probably be the dvd cover

unless they find a way to highlight and make their faces even BIGGER for the dvd cover...

B.C. Long

Is there any word on if we'll ever see the Oliver Hirschbiegel Cut?