30 Rock (esteemed winner of the 30 Rock vs. Studio 60 deathmatch)

Started by ono, September 18, 2006, 08:00:42 PM

samsong

Quote from: polkablues on December 04, 2009, 01:18:04 PM
"Wave. Like a human. Do you remember waving?"

my favorite.  frank turning into liz was pretty great as well.  "is it just me, or is liz lemmon getting hotter?"  also loved liz vs crazy bitch performer liz.

Ravi

Quote from: ©brad on December 04, 2009, 09:12:01 AM
Damn has everyone given up on this show? Last night was gold, particularly the "what they look like in hi-def" bit. Kenneth as a muppet will never fail to make me lizz. 

Never gave up on it.  The last episode was jam-packed with hilarious moments.

Pedro

No comment on the latest episode?  Seriously?  What a great show.  I've always found it very consistent and am mostly confused by some of the negative comments in the thread.  The characters and their relationships to one another become more endearing every week* and it's an absolute pleasure to watch.  

*ok, Jenna is a bit weak at this point

Pas

meh, old facebook jokes, the whole jenna subplot and the julianne moore subplot... nothing really great there. 30 Rock for me is about Liz, Tracy and the whole writing crew. They're the ones who make me laugh, plus the occasional well-done visual gag (the HD thing last week). Jack has his moments but he's mostly a way for Liz to shine.

also, Boston people really talk like Julianne Moore did? I've never heard anything like it... it wasn't that intense in Gone Baby Gone as far as I remember. I suspect her accent sucked.

pete

they talk in all sorts of different ways.  but yeah her accent was goofy.  still, having moved outta there, I miss that accent.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

diggler

yea the accent didn't feel natural at all. they should've just gotten Amy Ryan to guest star.

Kenneth using Obama to represent Muslims was funny, as well as Tracy's reaction, "i'm gonna let that go today".
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

picolas

this was the thread where people tried to defend using "utilize", right?

DAVID FOSTER WALLACE AGREES WITH ME !

©brad

Holy hell. Last night's two(!) episodes were hands down the best of the year. I might even go so far as to say James Franco was the best use of a guest star ever on the show (damnit is there anything that son of a bitch can't do?)

"You're being such a non-pillow right now!"

Pas

yeah that was good!!!

They started airing 30 rock in french last week here in Quebec, it's terrible!!!

RegularKarate

This had more laugh-out-loud moments than anything for me, but I didn't really like the flow of the episodes as much.

They're still trying stuff out though, I like that.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pas

too bad Julianne Moore has this weird accent because she has good lines

©brad

I know I've been in fan-boy freak out mode with this show and a lot of other stuff lately (save Lost) so feel free to make fun of me accordingly, but last night's episode was the best of the season (so far). Seriously. The banter between Jack and the Elizabeth Banks character (drool) was amazing.

"Oh yeah she was on Maxim's Top 100 women we'd rape list."

Community was great too.

Stefen

This show is still one of the funniest things on TV. I'm glad Dennis came back. Hes my favorite. And he was even wearing his jean jacket.

Am I the only one who thinks Parks & Rec. is really funny now that it's eased in?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

jerome

i totally agree with you on parks & rec, i think it's actually becoming my favorite show of the bunch.