I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

cinemanarchist

Quote from: mogwai on November 25, 2008, 09:20:40 PM
Quote from: cinemanarchist on November 19, 2008, 10:57:36 PM

is it any good?

Watching it right now and I'm almost through with disc 1. He's still a better speaker than a filmmaker but he's running a bit thin on stories at this point. He's on a 15 minute bit about how Superman Returns sucks right now. It's a decent purchase for $15 I guess.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

Stefen

I thought the first one he did was hilarious. For how bad Kevin Smith sucks at making movies, the guy can tell a story. The second one I thought was either dumb, or I had grown out of that type of stuff. I didn't even know there was a third one.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cinemanarchist

I ended up watching all of disc 2 and the bonus features which is just another hour of him talking. I wasn't really feeling the vibe at first but the more he talked the more I didn't want him to stop and when all was said in done I had heard about Life Free or Die Hard (the Olyphant and Willis stories are great), Smiths' anal fissure, the Clerks live action tv show starring Jim Breuer and his dog's dragging vagina (which is an epic 30 minute story or at least it felt like it.) He should be a politician because he's so good at telling the story he wants to tell no matter the question asked...in his defense he usually ends up answering the question but it only takes him two sentences.

Fernando

Quote from: mogwai on November 25, 2008, 09:20:40 PM
Quote from: cinemanarchist on November 19, 2008, 10:57:36 PMevening with kevin smith III

is it any good?

Quote from: Stefen on November 26, 2008, 10:50:51 AM
I thought the first one he did was hilarious. For how bad Kevin Smith sucks at making movies, the guy can tell a story. The second one I thought was either dumb, or I had grown out of that type of stuff...

Pretty much agree here, I liked his blogging too when he did that almost daily years ago, that was was far more entertaining than any of his movies, he did then a piece about how jason mewes beat (so far) his addiction to drugs, and that story I thought was told pretty great, maybe the best he had written.

So yeah, his gigs at schools are great and mainly the ones from the first evening, the prince, tim burton, superman, wife meeting stories are great and funny, you can watch them at youtube mogs.

mogwai

i already have the two other kevin smith q+a's on dvd. they're both hilarious but this one didn't do anything for me. i stole it from the 'bay and the first question and answer goes over one hour and it gets so boring. there wasn't that much that interesting apart from the mewes story during clerks 2 and bruce willis wanting to starr in a kevin smith movie. i'm afraid kevin doesn't have quite a lot of stories to tell because i feel he drained himself after two previous dvd's. my two cents.

cinemanarchist

Quote from: mogwai on November 27, 2008, 01:04:39 PM
i already have the two other kevin smith q+a's on dvd. they're both hilarious but this one didn't do anything for me. i stole it from the 'bay and the first question and answer goes over one hour and it gets so boring. there wasn't that much that interesting apart from the mewes story during clerks 2 and bruce willis wanting to starr in a kevin smith movie. i'm afraid kevin doesn't have quite a lot of stories to tell because i feel he drained himself after two previous dvd's. my two cents.

I felt bad for the kid that asked the first question because the answer was a simple no but instead he had to stand there and be on camera and fake giggle for an hour while Kevin talked about his 36 different dogs and the stories behind all of them. He just wanted to know if you were ever gonna make a kids movie Kevin. Sheesh.

Ravi

Black Friday purchases

Deep Discount:

Amazon:

Borders 50% off selected Blu-Rays

RegularKarate

Christmas Presents:

pre-ordered:

All for 53 bucks.  On the way to having Christmas shopping done.

MacGuffin

60% off from DDD Black Friday!  :yabbse-thumbup:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cinemanarchist

All from Amazon and all for $10 a piece, except for Seinfeld which was $15.

last days of gerry the elephant

cinemanarchist

Quote from: omuy on November 30, 2008, 11:12:19 AM
Quote from: cinemanarchist on November 30, 2008, 10:59:29 AM
All from Amazon and all for $10 a piece...

Too much.

Transformers I get but I love Hustle and Black Snake. I wish some of Craig Brewer would wear off on John Singleton so he'd get his groove back. Yes, it's going to take a white guy with a jew-fro to get Singleton his groove back.

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection